It was 3am this morning as I stumbled down the hall to find my daughter sobbing from sore toes. Growing pains. I tucked her in, sat by her side, and rubbed each individual piggy toe until she went back to sleep. In the quiet hours of the morning, my mind wandered as I peered out the foggy window. I wasn’t thinking of the lack of Christmas cards I failed to create. I had no thoughts of gift shopping, or what presents I have to wrap. All I could hear in our small, comfortable, warm home, was my daughter’s sniffles, my baby’s sweet little breaths and my husbands faint movement in the bedroom next to me. It was at that moment that I realized how blessed I truly am. I heard music, and my heart was singing a Christmas song. Quiet, melodic beats of happiness.
My Christmas wish for you, my friends, is to allow your heart to be light. View the world through a slower, lighter rhythm and you’ll realize that all we need is just an arm’s reach and a prayer away. Have yourself a Merry little Christmas and consider this post a hug from the Niu home to yours.






