Today's Soup....

So my dear friend and cousin Andrea got me thinking about these winter months...or the "After Christmas Hangover" months as I like to call it. The excitement of presents, holiday parties, families and travel is all done and over with now. The cold and snow is killing us and if I slip one more time I might need a hip replacement at the age of 27. I miss my flip flops and I'm sure my husband misses my shaved legs. Folks head back to work, kids have
cabin fever and we're all needing a good view of the ocean right about now while holding that deliciously sweet virgin Pina Colada and soaking in the Vitamin D for the skin.

How do we cure it? Nothing like a good Spin class to kick your hiney and release endorphins, or you could go the opposite way and eat a Big Mac. Mmmm. Delicious.

Bottom line Ang, I'm with you. I'm sure all my fellow bloggers can relate to your post as well. Karen Carpenter did put it right, "Rainy Days and Mondays always get us down". But today, maybe we can jam some Bobby Marley and let him tell us to "Don't worry 'bout a thing. For every little thing is gonna be all right!"


Side note:
My sweet and talented friend Jessica also shared some fantastic news as well. Did you know that there is a company out there that actually prints your blog for you? How frickin' sweet is that! I am too impatient for scrapbooking so to hear that my blog can turn into a "scrapbook" is fabulous news. I'll let you know the details when I get the scoop.

And to my fun friend, Erin, I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for you that you are going to have the opportunity to live in NYC!!!!!!! There is a piece of me that misses the city life; the plays, the food, the culture, the diversity. It's to die for. Now that I'm a mom I need to let go of the thought of settling in a big city but you my friend, are in a perfect time of your life to experience a fantastic opportunity. Congratulations to you and your sweet hubby!


Tagged by Ang: 7 GOALS FOR 2008

1. I would love, actually I should say I WILL be a photographer. It's killing me. I took a class in high school and I've always loved the artsy side of it, but now it's time to get the equipment.

2. Get going on baby #2.

3. I've GOT to potty train my child.
Any mothers or future mothers that have fabulous ideas, please please please share!


4. Be a better person. Period.

5. Pray a heck of a lot more.

6. I've got to put some muscle back on this body! Hit the weights this year!

7. Howard W. Hunter put it best:

"This Year:
Mend a Quarrel,
Seek out a forgotten friend,
Dismiss Suspicion and replace it with trust,
Write a letter,
Give a soft answer,
Encourage youth,
Manifest your loyalty in word and deed,
Keep a Promise,
Forgo a grudge,
Forgive an enemey,
Apologize
Try to understand,
Examine your demands on others,
Think first of someone else,
Be kind,
Be gentle,
Laugh a little more,
Express your gratitude,
Welcome a stranger,
Gladden the heart of a child,
Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth,
Speak your love, and then speak it again."


I tag whomever feels it necessary to write down your goals. Till next time my friends.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that sister! I think we all need to mend some quarrells and be a little more sweet. That's a great blurg on Howard W. Hunter. As far as potty training...read them books on the toilet. That's what my mom did. I have no kids so maybe when you find out you can let me know! love ya

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Hey thanks for the shout out! We're SO excited...and I'm a little nervous! Mostly I'm just sad to be so far away from family and friends (which obviously includes you guys!). You better start checking for cheap flights to come and visit us in NYC! Oh, and I love that quote from Howard W. Hunter :)

Ang said...

Thanks Miss for your support. I WILL call you one of these days. I was at the doctor's office when you did call today. No great news, just a check-up. I miss you girl, but I'm glad to know we check each other's blogs frequently. What's up with you and Mel and Big Mac's?! :) Love it!

Hillary Garner said...

You have some great goals and thoughts and you couldn't be more right on about needing to see some sunshine right about now! As for potty training...I found the DVD "Once upon a Potty for girls" and it got Adelyn completely obsessed with going to the bathroom...you will die when you see the video, but hey it worked magic for us!

Heidi said...

I really like that quote by President Hunter- thanks for sharing.

You are good to hit the gym when the winter time blues hit. And good luck with baby #2 ;-)

Jessica Law said...

I love your new blog look...stick with it! My friend Kate is getting that reference for the blog printing. Love your resolutions. I have some in mind that I have decided, but haven't written them down. What better place than on my blog. Bye Chunk.

Melanie said...

Loved the new post! Hey just so you know I am planning on printing my blog too!!! I am so excited because I have been wanting to find a way to preserve my online scrapbook (AKA BLOG). I am interested to hear your friends source because I found the website http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook. It looks pretty sweet. It is actually what my husband and I are giving eachother for our Anniversary next week! I printing one every year from now on!! It makes me realize I need to add each picture individually and not on a slideshow! Miss you!

[Morgan] said...

I'm sitting here taking a breather while my kids are asleep and I thought I'd read a few of your older posts that I hadn't seen! I'm so glad I did, that 'list' that you listed from Pres. Hunter was exactly what I needed to hear today. A belated thank you on and old post:)

Blog Archive