Thanks to my sweet and talented cousins, Natalie Jardine and Hillary Garner, I have felt like I actually have a clue as to what I've been doing in the kitchen this past week. I organized some recipes, actually wrote down a grocery list and had a meal planned out for each day of the week. To think that one day of watching Martha Stewart actually helped! So here's my plea to you....PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE because my husband is afraid I'll stop this whole "woman in the kitchen thing" in a few days. So if you'd like, pass along your easiest or most fun or most delicious recipe and I'll give you some of these fabulous recipes that my cousins passed along to me. They really are great yet EASY, quick recipes.
SALMON FANTASIA
1 lb. Salmon Filets
8 T honey
3 T Soy sauce
3 T Ginger- crushed
8 T Olive Oil
3 T Mustard 3 T Chopped Chives
3 T Lemon Juice
4 T Butter
Add all ingredients in a gallon zip-lock bag. Add salmon and coat evenly. Marinate 1/2 hour or more. Cook salmon by grilling, baking or broiling. (Natalie baked at 350 degrees on baking stone until flakey and soft. I didn't have a baking stone so I just used a tin-foil covered casserole dish and it worked great)
*Can also use with chicken*
ANDI'S PORK CHOPS
6 Pork Chops
1 can Pineapple Rings
1 pkg. Lipton onion Soup Mix
Put oil in frying pan and heat on medium high. Brown chops on both sides. Pour entire can of pinapples over chops. Do NOT drain. Sprinkle onion soup mix over the top. Cover and cook 40 minutes on low. Simmer until done. Serve over rice.
SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN
BATTER: 1/2 C. flour
1/4 C. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 C. water
1 tsp. white vinegar
Mix above in order given just before ready to cook. Stir after each addition. Dip chunks of already lightly browned pieces of chicken (in case your pieces are thick). This makes a lot! You can do 12-15 chicken tenders or 5 chicken breasts...as much as you want...the batter will coat a lot!
SAUCE: MIX IN SAUCE PAN:
3/4 C. brown sugar
3 T cornstarch
pinch of salt
Add in order given:
2 T. Vinegar
1 tsp. soy sauce
3 T. catsup
2/3 C. water
1/4 C. Pineapple Juice
Cook until thick and transparent, stilling almost constantly.
Put chicken pieces over rice; top with sauce. Can also top with pineapple chunks, green pepper, tomatoes, celery, if desired. I just do pineapple chunks.
SAUSAGE VEGETABLE BAKE
1 pkg smoked sausage, sliced
1 potato - largely cubed
1 small zucchini - sliced
1 small yellow squash - sliced
1/2 sweet onion - chuncked
1/2 head of broccoli, broken up
1/2 head cauliflower, broken up
1/4 C. Butter
Salt and garlic pepper
Combine all ingredients into a large casserole dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Serve with lemon juice and fresh grated parmesan.
Enjoy my lovelies!






12 comments:
You should totally check out this web site for recipes. A lot of different ladies put their favorite recipes onto the site. Check it out: http://internecipes.blogspot.com/
we love it!
j
Oh cool...thanks!
um...did you make that fabulous salmon dish? Is that your picture you took. If so, I am even more impressed with your photography skills than cooking skills. As far as cooking goes...we always knew we had it in us after baking such a beautiful fish in the sea cake at Ricks. That took extreme baking precision and know-how to make the frosting melt just so all over the cake. Where is that picture anyway?
Hey! I'm so glad I found your blog! How are doing! We really miss you here! Livia is so beautiful! I can't believe how big she is! Glad you're doing well!
Ok cool! I don't have time at this very minute to type one in but sure will soon! Good idea. You are such the little homemaker!
I am totally going to use these, I really really really need to start cooking more. I think it will be easier when we both have more of a set schedule, but thanks for the ideas. I am going to totally try them out. Tell Phil I say hi as well!
our blog address is sarahnkip.blogspot.com check it out sometime
Thank you to the ladies that emailed their recipes!!!! I'm totally going to try the Banana bread tonight...you should post those recipes on your blog so we can pretend to be good cooks like you guys. :-)
Easy Shredded beef Enchiladas. Buy the canned beef (yes the stuff you've probably seen and thought...eww grose!) Shred beef chunks and add can of green chillies and any kind of cheese, I like mozerella. Roll that mixture into the flour tortillas and then for the sauce mix 1 can mild enchilada sauce with 1 can cream of chkn. Pour sauce over tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven until bubbling (it just needs to be heated. Way easy and a meal we like to eat when we need something fast!
Okay so I took a break from the kitchen for a while, but a friend told me about this free recipe magazine, and ever since I signed up I've been in the kitchen a lot more! It's wonderful! So if you go to www.kraftfoods.com then on the top right corner there's a tab called "sign up". Click it and sign up. You'll have the option of getting their food&family magazine, and it's the greatest thing! The magazine has great recipes, and there are photos. The website also has some "how to" videos that you can watch about different recipes. It takes 5 minutes to check out their site, and it's worth it! ...Also, better homes and gardens has a great site too at www.bhg.com. Good luck!
O hey I started that Internecipes website- how funny that you heard about it already from another commenter. Most of my fave recipes are on there (Ben's too)- we both love Cafe Rio Pork salad, chicken cordon bleu (much easier to make than it seems), Au Jus sandwiches.
www.saucycooks.blogspot.com
Post a Comment