Niu Words. Niu Habits....

19 months old. This seems to be about the time that young infants/toddlers start figuring out their language of origin and personality traits begin to develop. Either way, it definitely has for Liv and it is such a fun, energetic and curious age (approaching the terrible two's). Since we just got back from Arizona (pictures soon to come) and she's been around her many Niu Aunts, Uncles and cousins she's learned different habits and new words. Here are some of my favorites that she's been saying this week.


1. {MAGGIE} Liv's pronunciation: [aaa-KEY] Maggie is Liv's youngest Aunt and Liv obviously has grown a very strong liking to her. She said Maggie's name as she, Maggie and Luisa were hanging out at Grandma Niu's house. (Don't worry Luisa, your name will surely follow I'm sure :-)

Liv spent many hours following her Aunts as they jumped on the tramp, showed her the horses and fed the dogs, which Liv could NOT get enough of. They're such good Aunties!!!!














2. {LIV'S "POCKET"}

This is one of my top favorites. On one random occasion, she watched her dad put his hands into his pockets and studied it carefully. She then stuck her hands down her pants to copy. Even if she just has a diaper on, she'll put her hand down the side of her diaper then lean up against the wall and look around very proudly as if she owns the place.. As long as the diaper isn't full of unhappy things, I find it incredibly amusing.

3. {RATSO} Liv's pronunciation: [Dat-SOOO]

Ratso, also known as Andrew Boyle, is one of Liv's favorite people in the whole world. The minute she wakes up from her crib, all you hear is "Datso? Datso! Datso?" Her day isn't complete unless she sees her little buddy.


4. {BLANKY} Liv's Pronunciation: [dan-KEY]

Sweet, scrumptious, cuddly, wuddly, stinky, moldy, dirty, silky, soft blanky. If Liv had the choice, she would have it at all times. This type of blanket seems to be the choice of many mothers and I tell ya, this thing is a life saver. She'll probably be attached to this thing untill she gets teased by other girls at a sleep over or something. When she's tired, she'll stick the corners into her mouth and do mannerisms similar to a hamster storing food in its cheeks. It's the funniest dang thing I've ever seen. Thank you, Sweet Blanky, for keeping Liv warm, comfy, and happy during the hard-knocked times of a 19 month old.

14 comments:

Melanie said...

Ok, I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Livia with her hand in her "pocket". HAA. She is so sweet, not to mention beautiful. I sure wish Hailey and Kate could hang out with her. Wouldn't that be fun??

Anonymous said...

Liv is so adorable! I love the picture of her hand in her "pocket"! That's hilarious!! She's a doll, and I'm sure she's just so much fun!
And no, I wish I could say I made the bedding, however Bob's mom did! She did a great job, it's really cute! We'll have to upload pictures on our blog cause it turned out perfect!
And we're coming out in March for a bit and would love to see you guys! The last time we saw Liv I think she was just a couple days old.
Well we love you guys!

The Harpers said...

She is the cutest! The teasing in high school might not even be able to tear Liv away from that blanket. My sister-in-law STILL sleeps with her baby blanket every night, and she's 23!! She even takes it on the plane and on vacation with her. There is just something about that connection between baby and blanket :)

Jessica Law said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the post Miss. You just keep outdoing yourself my dear. I have made a final decision on who Prince Lucas will wed someday, guess who?

Lance and Becky said...

How fun, don't you love it when they hit these little mile stones! Once they start really interacting with other kids, they just seem to blossom! So fun, she's so cute, and I love love love the picture with her on the ground and the little boy sitting on her, so cute!

Ang said...

How cute! Sounds like we're going through similiar times. A says three words I can actually understand and the rest, well, who knows what she's trying to tell me. Did you get a new camera? Your pictures are looking really good. I seriously need a new one.

Becky said...

So, is this with your new camera! great pictures- I agree with the hand in the pocket picture! You know why they get cuter and cuter? because they get naughtier and naughtier!! It is a survival thing for them. bring on the two's!

Shannon Allen said...

Livia is so cute! You do such a great job on your blog! So good to see the Niu's are still doing great!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Cute!! She's such a happy, adorable little girl...thanks to her parents! It's so good that you're writing these fun things down :) We need to hang out SOON!

Tiare said...

Man I love that little thing! She is so sweet, I wish we could see you guys more often. She is so smart and obviously inventive (as seen by her "pocket")! What a sweet little ray of sunshine!

shawna said...

i still have a blanky just like that...seriously.

theniufamily said...

So cute! Your camera really does take great picts! I can't believe how fast you are at blogging. I need to speed it up!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

By the way this little thing is the cutest ever, I love your blog, it is so cute! And by the way your photography is great, go for starting your business. I am trying to do the same actually, photography is a passion of mine for sure!!! It is such an art!

Anonymous said...

I want my hand in her pants feeling her tight little baby pu--y

Blog Archive