Potty Mouth

I write this post for record but ALSO to warn all babysitters, teachers, nursery leaders, etc.

My daughter seems to have a profanity problem.
But not on purpose.

Instead of saying the letter "S", she says "F". It's how she holds her tongue in between her miniature sized gap.

Keeping in mind her pronunciation problem,
these are Liv's favorite words:
Sucker.
Soccer.
Snack.

Because of the slight lack of maturity in all of us around her, we can't help but laugh hysterically every time she says one of these words. Therefore, she says the words very frequently.


My parental apologies to the Maytag lady that asked Liv what she was eating, and to her nursery leader who hands out candy suckers, and to her babysitters who she asks for snacks, or to her dad's soccer buddies. She really isn't swearing at you, I promise. It's hopefully just a phase.

23 comments:

Melinda said...

I'll have to listen to her more closely in nursery. I think she's a doll.

I had Tom (6 at the time) come in and tell me that Will (4) was swearing. Tom told me that he was saying MOther F....er I talked to Will and ....to make a long story short.....Will asked me.....so can I say "Butter"? yes. Can I say Sucker? yes. But I can't say "Butter Sucker"? So so funny

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

haaaaaaaa! that's perfect. so incredibly perfect. love you guys!

Becky said...

I am always happy to see you on my new post list because I know I will be laughing! we have the "s" problem at our house too, but ours is sh, and she doesn't like to "sit" in the cart at the store, it is always very embarrassing!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Ha ha! That's funny! I love the picture!

Lance and Becky said...

I love the picture of her! At least you can say it's because of a little gap in her teeth. Lance has said his little share of "words" and embarassingly enough, it's because of me...I know great example right :)

brody and kenzie said...

Oh! That's hilarious Miss!! Liv can say anything she wants...she's too cute for words!

Aaron and Melanie Gordon said...

Kids are the best!!! And she is so cute!!

Melissa-Mc said...

How funny! As I read this I laughed as I thought about them getting (s)uckers every week in nursery.

Heidi said...

Ha ha ha ha hilarious. That is classic!

Unknown said...

OH my goodness! that is too funny! I remember my nephews talking like that too! I think Liv has the prettiest skin color!

Erin said...

This is hysterical! Mike's next door neighbor did the same thing when he was a tiny little boy and of course Mike and his sister Emily would totally egg it on. I'd be cracking up too, don't worry.

P.S. got your sweet message today- it made me so happy to hear from you! We are doing GREAT. Come visit us!!!! Love and miss you,
Erin

{Marie Long} said...

THAT MADE MY DAY! I love the picture too.

[Morgan] said...

hi. lar. ious.

A.Niu said...

Okay we have that probably but i think that our kid knows what he's saying. He shall remain nameless. But shaun has a bad habit of saying thing he shouldnt.LOL

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

She is so cute. I know it's hard not to die laughing at the mispronunciations (is that how you spell that?) my little bro had a similar problem but he couldn't say his "tr" sound. So, being a boy, he was always talking about his trucks and fire trucks! It was hilarious. BTW, I was playing the "do you know.....?" game with our neighbor here in Poki. That neighbor would be Donny Williams. I guess he went to school with you. He and his wife are so cute! We love them.

Jennifer Anderson said...

HILARIOUS!
I remember when Michele's little Cole couldn't say the word 'sticks'--used 'd' for 'st' and said it all the time.
too funny.

Lorilu said...

THAT is funny!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is too funny, I am sure it just cracks everyone around that cute little girl up to see that face saying words like that. She sounds like a total hoot to be around! Love the post, these are the moments to charish, as you blush away!

michelle kynaston said...

Hey there, I'm so glad you found my blog! Your daughter is so darling, and I think you should let her keep on with the swearing...too funny! =) It was great that Meckenzie invited us to lunch together - it seems like we love all the same things. I'd love to get together to play a little guitar, sing a little song, do some photography stuff. Oh yeah, I was perusing the web last night and ran across these super cool brushes, and thought you'd like them too, go to: http://blendfu.com/brush/search/swirl. Probably not so great for photography but definitely cool for design. Seems right up your alley. Anyway, I would love to hang out with you any time. It would be fun if we ended up in the same ward when we both find "the perfect house". =) Michelle 585-3741

Jessie said...

Hi, you don't know me and I didn't know you....that is until I spent 2 hours reading your entire blog. Work is a little slow, what can I say? I found you through a friend of a friend, you know how it goes. I just had to say your family is so cute! And you've really inspired me. I can't believe you've only been in photography since February! It's something I've been wanting to start up so thanks for posting all your great pictures! Your pictures are amazing!

The Fab Fabian Life said...

Hi you do not know me but my name is Heather (Wynn) Fabian I was good friends with Phil back in the Provo days! Your husband is a great guy and I am glad he is so happy! Please tell him hi for me!

The Richins Family said...

haha, that's hilarious. i think that's the funniest thing i have read today! thanks for posting that! seriously, that's great!!

Blog Archive