This is Liv. Your daughter.
(If I spoke normal English, this is what I would say to you.)
While you've been away visiting the Japanese people, and Taiwanese, and whoever else you visited, I've had quite the adventurous few days.
(If I spoke normal English, this is what I would say to you.)
While you've been away visiting the Japanese people, and Taiwanese, and whoever else you visited, I've had quite the adventurous few days.
First: I went to a dog show. I loved the dogs so much I was going bananas. This is me. I know, I look kind of homeless. Aren't I cute?

Funny story, daddy; I saw this white long-haired doggy who was about the size of my left leggy, and I just had to go pet it. So I walked very gentle-like up to his face and softly put my hand on it's head. I pet it. Then SUDDENLY....out of no where....a very angry, angry person in a funny looking women's turquoise business suit (with white tennis shoes) came screaming from across the room.

She said, "Don't touch my dog! Get away! Get away!"
I got scared. Then she looked at mommy and said, "I don't pet YOUR children!"
I got scared. Then she looked at mommy and said, "I don't pet YOUR children!"
For some reason mommy laughed, really hard. I think she said something like, "Oh my goodness, this is a freak show." And then mommy commented about the very prevalent representation of the 1980's french braid. And all the dog owners looked just like their dogs. You can imagine what this doggy's owner looked like. Fluffy.
Second: Grandpa Larry had a big day. I got to go to Grandpa Larry's courtroom. You know why? 'Cause he had a retirement party!!! He was very special to a lot of people. I'm not sure the people that he sent to jail like him very much, but other than that, Grandpa had lots of friends and very important people there to pay tribute.
While everyone was chatting away, I kind of got bored, so I got lost. Ya, mommy didn't tell you that on the phone did she. Well, while she wasn't looking, I ran into one of the 6 elevators in the court building and pushed lots of buttons. The door shut. And mommy couldn't find me. Lots of old people were looking for me...and I was found. Anyway, not a big deal right?


Third: We went on a hay ride. And for some reason, everything was so funny to me that night.


Let me explain. I like candy. And I saw pills....that looked like candy. So I ate 'em. Aunt Erin and Aunt Angela called the poison people, and they told me to go to the hospital...FAST! So mommy took me. They poked me, put weird machines on my body, and bodda-bing bodda-bang....I was outta there in 6 plus hours.
So needless to say dadio, you didn't miss much while you were away.
I love you!
So needless to say dadio, you didn't miss much while you were away.
I love you!








27 comments:
OH my gosh!!!!!! What pills did she swallow??????????? And I'm glad you found her on the elevators!!!! GREAT post!
hahhaha MELISSA!!!! Or should I say Livia.... That post was freaking hilarious. Nice work sista!
That is quite a week you had, Liv! Dog people are the weirdest!!!!!!!!!
ok, that was quite a full post, I don't know where to start! first, I have a traveling husband, and EVERYTHING always happens when they are gone! glad she is ok, those darn candy looking pills!
the dog show. wow. please stop petting people children, it is just not polite! (I am amazed at how you hold your ground, I would have cried). what a crazy person! And, congrats to your dad retiring! what a great moment in life!
I agree with Becky, Wacko things always happen when you are on your own. How do those men do it? Do they REALLY do something special to keep things going smoothly?
Oh no! You guys have had a busy week! My favorite part was when you said she looked kind of homeless. (She of course doesn't! :)
oh my.
lost in an elevator no big deal?!!!
little liv!
candy pills?
holy howard.
My goodness, what a time! Sounds like lots of crazy emotions all mixed into a short and crazy amount of time.
Congrats to your dad,
Congrats to finding your child that is adventurous (that story cracket me up),
Congrats on telling off the silly "DOG LADY" seriously her comment is SO PATHETIC, "I don't pet your children do I?" SO SAD for her!,
Love the hay ride, and all your photo's are AMAZING!!! As always!
P.S. Yeah, you can come to our party, want directions???? We would LOVE to have you ;)
Cute post! You're so creative :) I can't believe Liv got lost and she ate pills! I'm not prepared to be a mom...I would have totally lost it in both situations! Oh, and that's so funny about petting the dog...you're supposed to pet dogs! I can see you just laughing at that lady...what a wierdo!
Oh my goodness! What a wild week. You need to write a children's book about the adventures of Liv.
Holy Cow you've got your hands full! What a busy little girl! I'm sure daddy loved hearing what his little Liv has been up to. Can't wait to see you guys on Wednesday!
Love,
Kenz and Mylee
melissa! this is one of the best posts yet. thanks for sharing. love the perspective too!
Oh my!! What a week you have had little Liv!
You are so funny, Melissa. I love this post.
Hi Liv! its aunty Simi from far far away, what an adventure you have had! Isn't the world such a wonderful and really funny place to live in? isnt it funny, how big people react to stuff you do? Anyways, next time just ask momma before you go popping any kind of candy in your mouth okay?! Cos you know, momma's heart was probably sitting in her mouth the entire time the doctors were helping you. Keep us posted on all your adventures okay!
p.s Melissa, you have had more adventures in one weekend then I have had with Noesheen the seven months that Nadim has been away. Though one time she did run away from home....hahah umm to the neighbours for breakfast! funny story that was.
Hi Liv! its aunty Simi from far far away, what an adventure you have had! Isn't the world such a wonderful and really funny place to live in? isnt it funny, how big people react to stuff you do? Anyways, next time just ask momma before you go popping any kind of candy in your mouth okay?! Cos you know, momma's heart was probably sitting in her mouth the entire time the doctors were helping you. Keep us posted on all your adventures okay!
p.s Melissa, you have had more adventures in one weekend then I have had with Noesheen the seven months that Nadim has been away. Though one time she did run away from home....hahah umm to the neighbours for breakfast! funny story that was.
hahahahaha what an exciting week for you guys:) Kids
hahahahaha what an exciting week for you guys:) Kids
Still feel so bad about the "candy"!
Love you!
Oh my heck! Glad little Liv is ok!
Wow! What a busy girl...I think the dog show part was especially hilarious.
love this post from perspective from liv. sounds like a very full couple of days. hope she is okay... been to the hospital a handful of times. called poison control just as many times. kids are crazy little things.
hope you are well.
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you can see the humor in all that! I'm SO glad everything turned out ok!
When we have to go to the ER, Jesse is usually out of town, usually out of the country?
What were the pills???
So I hate leaving comments because you have 40 others writing you but I just want to say that kids are amazing and even missing just a short time so many things happen! But don't let Phillip forget that so many things happen while he is there! We love you guys, Phillip needs to call Daniel...he has the wrong number:( We love and miss you guys!
PS I look at your site all the time and sometimes just cry cause I miss just hangin' with the Niu's! We love you guys! Keep little Liv out of trouble!
You always have such a great attitude! you guys have been busy! or should I say You have been chasing liv around! Scary with the pills glad she is ok. and crazy dog owners!!!!!
WOAH!!! Eventful.
Oh I am sad that Liv had to go to the Emergency room. Very interesting seeing it through her mind!
Post a Comment