Bowl Full of Jelly



Hellooooooo belly!

I can't tell you how many times in the last few weeks I've heard something like this,
"Wow, you're about to pop aren't ya!"
"Due any day now eh?"
"Holy cow, you poor thing."

Ahhhhh, how I love the subtle kindness from strangers.

But the truth is, my belly goes straight out. There's no hiding it. Plus, the mixture of Polynesian blood and the fact that both Philip and I are 6'0" and above makes for large babies.
Yes, I've got a large child rolling around in there.
She's so big, that the doc is willing to take me 2 1/2 weeks early!
(What up!)

There you have it. July 14th is my new day of delivery.
My sweet mother-in-law's birthday.
Three days before my brother's wedding.
44 days away.
6.2 weeks down the road.
A month and a half in time.
1,056 hours before Liv's whole existence changes.
63,360 minutes until this child rocks our world.

But who's counting.

21 comments:

birdbabies said...

YAW-WHO-EEE!!! thats awsome. July is the best month ever for lil' ones. Raegan's is July 18th. can't wait for you guys. where are you going to deliver?

Angie Judd said...

Rock on!!!! That's so awesome to have a date set!
You have a beautiful baby belly!

Melissa-Mc said...

Love the baby. I'm so excited for mid-July.

Melissa-Mc said...

I meant "love the belly." But I do love your baby though, sight unseen :)

[Morgan] said...

love that bowl full of jelly:)
you're darling.
yes, who's counting?
if i had to guess though, i would dare say every woman in your shoes. ha! i never did count down to the minute but i sure wanted to!
can't wait to see baby nui #2.
woot woot.

The Harpers said...

What a cute round belly! You look beeeeautiful!

Becky said...

hate to break it to you, but you are not yet bulbous enough to look like you are going to pop. I see NO misery oozing from you, therefore, you have plenty of growth left. love your baby/belly!

Jessica Law said...

Oh that's good news...you can just go straight from the hospital to your bro's wedding! The timing couldn't be better right? HA HA HA! Well at least she'll be out of you before the big day and three days does wonders to a swollen prego face. It really does.

That shot is really amazingly gorgeous!! Loving the shirt lace trim effect...fabo!!

I sure miss you and can't wait to meet miss thang.

Hang in love.

Melanie said...

I call that a beautiful "I model for a maternity clothes line" belly!!! Seriously, I love it!

Rachel Johnson said...

Hey, Melissa! You are not not huge- what are those "nice" and "subtle" strangers saying?! You are adorable! Hey, and did you guys know we are in Utah now? We ought to get together sometime! Let me know when you are in Provo and I would love to see you! We miss you guys! See ya and good luck with the next 6.2 weeks!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Well I think you look amazing and girl you are smaller than I am I am pretty sure! I have a feeling you are going to have that little girl before I have mine. I am due July 13th, well they just moved it to the 12th but I like the #13 better so we are sticking with the 13th and I think that she will be on time or late, we shall see. What if they have the same birthday, that would be SO RAD!!!! Well good luck and you are a beauty and a half, seriously and literally! LOVE YA GIRL!!!

Rachel Niu said...

I cannot WAIT to see the babe... she's going to be adorable :)

candicetheresa said...

Lucky lucky you! But hey! I feel so huge too! I guess I better ask my doctor about getting the kind of deal you are!

~C

theniufamily said...

Wow, lots of new posts! yay for a new due date!

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

seriously, now, just get that baby out! can't wait to meet her.

Lorilu said...

LOL Great ending to that post! Congrats again. I hope it goes well. How's SLC!

The Johnson Journey said...

You have a perfect belly! I'm sure you're uncomfortable, but you sure don't look it. Congrats, July 14th will be So exciting!

Anie said...

CONGRATS!!!! That's gotta be SO exciting to actually KNOW when you're gonna deliver. My due dates the 15th and I'm really hoping NOT have to wait much longer than that! LOVE the belly pic!!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Love the belly pic!

SPARKY said...

hey, you and me both..except i'm sure i start getting those comments around 6-7 months :O there's no place for my baby. she's got to be miserable in there.
what's worse is being pregnant with beth and everyone thinks she's like two months behind me :O) (i'm not due till july 30th)

The Richins Family said...

i'm so glad i am not the only one who experiences these situations. i just had a strange lady ask me if i had twins in my belly. i hope your delivery goes smoothly and i just know your girl with be precious.

Blog Archive