Now...back to Reality....

Welcome home.

This is our very own front door. And oh is it oh so beautiful! Finally, after a whole month of travels and minor belly contractions, we finally made it home.

Breathe in...breathe out.

We unpacked our bags, set up our furniture, and dug in to the piles of junk and boxes that splattered our new house like confetti. I really didn't know where to start....so I took a nap. And then started here...

I reminisced, looked at old high school yearbooks, laughed at my lack of style in the early 90's, grabbed some old pictures of my cute husband and I, slabbed them in frames, and continued to completely overwhelm myself with more boxes. I must say, I've thoroughly enjoyed myself.



Now here is my problem. I have a femininity issue. Growing up with 5 brothers doesn't really give me a knack for interior design or Martha Stewart-esque skills. Give me a volleyball or ask me who the winning quarterback of last years' super bowl was....but asking me to make a new house homey is a different story.

So that's where focus will be for the next couple months before Junior #2 comes along. You might find me at Pottery Barn, or Tai Pan, or even Wal Mart for the next few weeks so I can brush up on some skills.


Now don't get me wrong...this past month has been amazing; full of beautiful places, people, cultures, and events. I will always be grateful for the memories we've already started as a family. But nothing beats a normal routine...especially with a two-year old.

There is so much to catch up on it's ridiculous.
New neighbors to meet.
Doctors to see.
Friends to love.
Treadmills to be ran on.
Junk to be sold.
Stories to tell.
Belly to be rubbed.
Toes to be painted.

But most importantly, a home to be made.

10 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Girl your house already looks amazing and beautiful just from your shots so either you are more fem than you think or your shots are so amazing that they fake it really well.
Now lady take it easy on that little JR. I know you have a ton to do and all that stuff but remember you are 7 months pregnant and delivered early with your first if I remember correctly so take it easy!
Your posts are beautiful as always, you are my inspiration even though I do not do what I need to even be close to your level of coolness but you my lady friend are amazing and beautiful!

Kassie said...

You're in Utah right?? :) Hope you're doing great, would love love love to see you!!! xoxoxoxox

dynamike said...

What a fun few weeks you've had! Your trips looked awesome. I bet you're relieved to be getting settled though. How are you liking Bountiful? I'm sad the timing didn't work out for us to be close again- maybe some day, right?

Unfortunately I have no decorating tips to offer. I'm still rockin' the college dorm look :) It's hot. (jokes.)

Miss you sista'!

Erin

Melissa-Mc said...

Good luck on getting settled in.

Becky said...

home again home again! not so great when its home to boxes and lots of work. too bad there isn't a moving fairy to do it while you are gone....
can't go wrong with thai pan! don't blame your lack of skills on brothers, i grew up with 4 sisters, and i can't decorate worth beans! i always have my sis in law, or friends come and rescue me!

candicetheresa said...

And...good luck reaching your toes! I can't do it! Pedicures. We need 'em.

Paige said...

YEAY....I'm glad you're finally here, your vacationing looked fun! but I'm sure your pooped! I have a love hate relationship with moving...I love love love cleaning organizing de-junking and getting everything put together. But I do hate packing, unpacking, stuff everywhere, and pure chaos that comes with it. I will admit I have some OCD tendencies and I have a hard time ever taking a break until everything is done and put away and decorated...I've never done it Prego though....so GOOD LUCK.

jessica said...

That's awesome that you are finally settled, but good luck with all of the boxes. It's something I have to look forward to in a matter of weeks! All you need to do to make your new home beautiful is just surround it with frames of your BEAUTIFUL family! :)

Blanchards said...

I am so glad you guys found your home! I am exited to see the update when all the boxes are unpacked and if that is in a year that is completely alright. You look great Miss...I don't know many who would post pictures pregnant and in their swimsuit but you are a beauty my friend. Glad to see all is well. Love, Rach

A.Niu said...

I saw that Laie school picture in there:) How funny that we were in school together and dont even remember any of it;)

Blog Archive