We have moved.
Again.
This is the 3rd move in the last 9 months.
I could bore you with the details of why, when, and the reasoning of how a family can pick up and move back to Boise in two days, but I'll spare you.
Again.
This is the 3rd move in the last 9 months.
I could bore you with the details of why, when, and the reasoning of how a family can pick up and move back to Boise in two days, but I'll spare you.
The life lessons that I have personally learned in the last two years have been incredible. You'll probably have to pop open my personal journal to find out the nitty gritty but bottom line, life is way too stinkin' short. My husband stood up for truth, and I've never been more proud.
He truly is a good man.
Here's what's awesome. We went from Philip driving a 7 series BMW to now being a one car Murano family. A 3,500 square foot home to a 1,400 square foot home. Granite counter tops to bathroom sinks that go just above our knees. Fresh new home smell to a musty, older-smelling-home masked by Skinny-dip Scentsy candle scent. Sounds like the high life right? Honestly, it really is.
We're together, we're healthy, and we've never been happier.
We're together, we're healthy, and we've never been happier.






25 comments:
Welcome back. We need to get together so I can hear your story.
Wow Melissa, you are a champ!! I can relate in a small way since we've moved 4 times in 6 months. Thank goodness for good husbands.
wow! sounds like you needed to do it- but MAN that is a lot of packing and unpacking and having a baby! just tell me you came back because you couldn't live without us---that is totally understandable.
O boy moving is no fun. You handle it better than I do though. We need more details- job change?
Good for Philip for standing up for truth! And good for you for standing behind him! You guys are awesome. After the greatest challenges always comes the greatest blessings...sometimes it just takes time.
I'm just so sad we never hooked up when you were back down this way.
And seriously, I would take skinny-dip Scentsy smell over new home smell any day! :)
I just want you to know I think you two are amazing people! You are great examples to us and I am so proud of you for doing the right thing even when you are sacrificing a lot! What wonderful parents your children have. I prey to always have your positive attitude in moments like this in life!
Welcome back to Boise, hopefully we will be up there sometime to visit you!
Glad you can love the little things because that's what life is all about!
melissa! i'm so sad to hear you've moved. but, i must say if you chose honesty or/and truth over the high life? i love and respect you even more than i did before.
and hey, we've pinched pennies and driven a junk car for our entire 7 years of marriage and somehow we have survived, happily.
i'm glad i got to see you too, and that you documented my family via photo while you were here.
if you are ever in town, let's do it again.
hope you settle into your new home quickly and nicely.
loves!
Although you've just made me tremendously curious..I'll set it aside and just say...GOOD FOR YOU! What ever went down will be in the past, but you are the ones who have to go on in life being "who you are". Knowing you did the right thing will be way better than any material object. But you have a great attitude for it being so fresh, I seem to see Gods reasoning for situations like 2 years after the fact. TRUE Perspective in life many times comes with not the most favorable circumstances. You definitely have your priorities straight!
Home is where the heart is :) having each other, healthy and happy is the most anyone can ask in life and you have it all woman...although a 7 series is nice to drive around.. haha :) JK.. Love ya xoxo
Melissa, Wow. Good for you. Though I am SO SAD that we didn't see you when you were here! I kept getting that itching to make it happen! But never did! Thought I had time! So sad. Gotta do things when you can, that's what I learned from this! Let us know when you're down here. You are awesome.
I think the world of you Melissa and you have such a great husband for doing the right thing.
miss you
good for you guys! Things happen for a reason right? You guys are wonderful! Charli is sooo beautiful. both of your girls are.
I can totally relate to your situation since we too just recently moved because of others choices not being in harmony with our own. It is hard but oh so worth it I am beginning to see. I am so happy that you are back here too though. Let me know if you need any more "models" I have three beautiful little girls for you. ;)
Melissa and Philip, This sounds like a brave move you've done together as a family. I am proud of couples who stick together and stick to truth of life. Whatever happened, I am sure you are being taken care of by the Lord and his many angels helping show the way to the righteous life. There are definitely hard and troubling times but prayers and scripture study always helps find our answers. I know there are families that sacrifice a lot of things that to them is everything but to others is not much. Anyway, here I am rambling on and on, I just wanted you to not worry too much on the materialistic things in life and always stay close to the Lord.
It's those types of decisions in our lives that show true character! You have really shown 'where your treasure is'. I wouldn't expect anything less from you or the man you married! :) Love ya!
Wow Melissa! I don't know how you do everything you do! You're amazing! I'm barely surviving just with staying at home and being a mom! But I do know that it's the hard times that make us strong!
Oh, and I have to comment on how adorable your little Charli Mae is. I LOVE that last picture you posted of her! Good luck with everything!
that's great melissa. i've always loved your ability to see good in things. glad to have you back...now if you can just get erin here :O)
You are one of the most positive women I've ever met, and this post proves it. Please, let's talk soon.
Erin
Hey Guys glad to hear you are back. Unfortunately you just missed the Halloween party at Clarks. I will let you guess who won the trophy for the best all around pumpkin carving. Clue: He is really handsome..
Wow! Congrats on being back in B-town. I can't imagine how tough moving this much must be. Wish I were there to help you un-pack! It's crazy where life takes us I guess huh? Good for your husband for standing up for truth. I'm sure it wasn't a totally easy decision (or maybe it was) :) .
Hi Melissa and Phil,
I am pleased to have friends like you, who continue to choose the most uncommon path these days. I love your positive swing on things, after all we have been told, "all these things shall give you experience...and shall be for your good"
Take care! hey and a smaller home means a tighter knit family....AKA the greatest force on earth!
I LOVE the Halloween costumes. BTW you look beautiful. You have a beautiful family Melissa (and Philip). Okay, so you really know how to make a girl tear up! I'm not even prego or anything...just a girl. I'm proud of Philip for making the right choice. We had to make some tough "right" choices as well and you know what...it will all work out. You learn to realize what is most important in life and come to appreciate the little things in life. We love you guys and are glad to see you are happy.
Melissa, thank you for sharing your story. I really, really needed it. Thank you and hope all is well with your beautiful family! Luvs!
Yeah!! Isn't it so true that it doesn't matter where you live...a brand new house or a home built in the 70's...home is where your family is! I'm sooo happy you are back in town. You have got to give me a call so I can have you and Phillip and your little girls over for dinner and fun.
Love ya,
Kenz
Post a Comment