Teacher's Pet

Grandma Suz, or should I say "Mrs. Niu", is a 1st grade teacher. While staying in AZ, we had the privilege of attending her class. But this day of class that we attended was no ordinary day at school...it was the Thanksgiving day parade.

And Mrs. Niu made Liv the guest of honor.

Even though she was bubbling internally with excitement, it was so interesting to watch Liv "perform" in front of her new peers. She was confidently quiet and waaaaaaaay too cool at first. But once she put on her turkey hat, and teacher's glasses, she soon started to be herself. You know, showing off on the computer, grading papers, teaching other children Spiderman moves....the usual.














As I followed my sweet mother-in-law and child all over the halls, I couldn't help but think futuristic yet sentimental thoughts and flashes of my baby being just a couple years away from walking in the halls of an elementary school on her own. Geez, for real?

But even more fun, I loved seeing my mother in law in her element. Singing, disciplining, and whipping those little whipper-snappers into shape was thoroughly enlightening for me to see. Those kids absolutely love their teacher. And Liv just plain loves her Grandma.



10 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I am so excited to be your first comment :)
Your little girl has so much personality it just kills me! She is the cutest thing EVER!!!
How stinkin cool that she got to be the teachers pet for the day and that you got to follow around with the camera. What a cool experience! You have wonderful family and support on both sides... isn't that such a wonderful treat?

Kim said...

I love that you were able to visit Grandma at school... I bet Grandma loved having Liv and the rest of the family at school too! :)

Beverly said...

That's our want-to-be-grown-up Livia. I hope she can be a teacher some day. She is smart and authoratative and very knowledgeable. What a special day for Livia and Grandma Suzi.

theniufamily said...

Liv is so cute! We loved seeing you guys this weekend. Thanks so much for taking our pictures. You are amazing! We love you and will miss you guys for Christmas.

brody and kenzie said...

You can just feel the adoration she has for her Grandma...and you can feel the love Grandma has for her special little grand-daughter. What a neat experience and one she will always remember. Ya know, she looks tall enough to be in that class!! It's safe to say she is going to be tall like her momma and daddy. Love you guys!
Kenz

smith fam said...

Looks like you had a great trip! I left Liv's preschool stuff with Becky who said she would give it to your mom...it made it to Boise at least, hopefully it gets to you soon!

jessica said...

How cute is she?! How fun that you captured their little day together! Because of it, she'll never forget it. Darling. (Love the Spiderman teaching!)

Amanda said...

Hey Melissa, this is random and I know this isn't a good way to start a question but I also hope its not offensive. I know you were down here in Utah for a little while and did lots of photo shoots while you were here. Well, I decided today to have my cousin take some pictures of Cody and I for Chris for Christmas and I was wondering if you knew of any good indoor places to take pictures down in this area. It is way too cold to do them outside. Any suggestions? We are in Pleasant Grove. Like I said, I debated even asking because I hope that is appropriate to ask.
Thanks!
Amanda

SPARKY said...

thanks for sharing her first day with all of us. i can't wait for ry to start pre-school. he's going to love it

SPARKY said...

ooops. ok, not first day :O)

Blog Archive