BROTHERS!

By Philip

To be in the next Cingular commercial

Philip, Devin, Dusty, Maikeli, Isaac, and Leland (left to right).  All brothers.  All unique in size, shape and color.  This was a monumental occasion for our family.  All together for the first time in almost 10 years.  I can only imagine the joy mom & dad must have felt while watching their posterity interact and enjoy each other.  It's been quite a road for all of us.  But there we were, being a family, a happy family.  Once again there is proof that no matter what is going on in our lives and no matter what happens to any of us, there is one truth, Family is the most important thing.  Big group, big laughs, fun times and fabulous memories.  

Mom & dad have 6 boys, and now 7 daughters.  They also have 6 grandchildren.  I remember one thing specifically after the sun had gone down, while we were screwing around in front of the camera, there mom & dad stood holding each other with ridiculous grins on their faces.  It must have been quite a moment for them.  Over the last several years there have been trials in our lives that have made life seem almost impossible for us to all get together.

I would like to take a moment and recognize the importance of a certain few.  The daughters-in-law, stereotypically a painful subject to be brought up, Kristi, Whitney, Melissa, and Brynn.  These women have been pivotal in bringing our family full circle.  In a predominantly male family where judgments and egos reigned king, has been softened by the touch of these sweet women.  They have taught us that it's OK to have an opinion, as long as its done without condescension.  

Kristi - This is probably one of the strongest women I have been privileged to know.  This is a woman who knows endurance and exhibits the principles of humility and sacrifice.  Her love for Isaac and their children has taught us all a lesson, staying together as a family is worth the fight.

Whitney - She is the strongest woman I know.  She without recognition every day wonders where her husband may be and what he's doing.  She selflessly takes care of Carter and Audrey a lot of times by herself while her husband is furthering the future of freedom for all of our children and grandchildren.  She willfully gets on airplanes and (saves lives) to visit mom & dad while Leland is somewhere fighting, to bridge the gap of distance between grandparents and grandchildren.  Her faith and courage (and incredible cuisine techniques) can only mean that she too understands the importance of the family.

Melissa - A woman with many talents.  Anything else to be said I keep for myself.

Brynn - A wonderful addition to the family who brings a joyful non-stress relief to a somewhat stressed family.  Her patience is possibly unmatched with family living so close and some times in her home.  She stands as yet another woman in our family as one with a testimony of family and the importance of coming together.

We have left 2 brothers to marry, but are certain they too will bring home wonderful women who will also be an inspiration to the family.  Lord knows that they have quite the examples to measure up to while choosing a spouse.

Thank you to everyone for priceless moments like these.  I love all of you and think that we have the greatest family around.

Philip
  

We don't have the proofs back yet from our photographer but Melissa took some random shots while our photographer was busy with the others.  Check 'em out.  Yo fam, if you guys need copies of any specific one let us know and we'll send you the original file.  

Philip would like to end with a song written by the Wayan Brothers that he sings whenever he thinks of his bros: 
 "We're brothers!  We're happy and we're singing and we're colored.  So give me a hug!"

7 comments:

theniufamily said...

Wow Tha was so sweet. Everything you said was great. It was amazing for all of us to be together, even though everyone was gone within 5 minutes afterward...haha. Thanks for all thoes kind words. I would love to have some of those pictures. Melissa, they look great. Sorry we don't have our other ones yet. I e-mailed her on some stuff we wanted to change and so did Whitney so I think she is working on thoses!

Becky said...

Tell Philip that his was the first post that ever brought a tear to my eye! ( I am not a crier)
What a great family, guess I am just jealous because I am one of those hated daughters in law. It was so nice to hear him say so many nice things about his sis' in law!
by the way, cute family! how many single ones left?? (not that I am looking for a change, just match making!)

Heidi said...

I just have to say props to Philip for writing a post.

Jessica Law said...

I think it was worth the trip down to AZ to make this monumental occasion come to pass. How wonderful! I think more can be said about that other daughter-in-law, Melissa, maybe add the words humble, beautiful, and generous.

Hillary Garner said...

Philip! what a sweet post! It looks and sounds like your family is quite the group and what a nice guy to take the time and mention your sister-in-laws!

Beverly said...

What a great family. I love the way you,Philip, always speak respectfully about your parents and your siblings. You have been taught great respect for others in your home and now we benefit greatly. What a wonderful tribute to your family.

The Richins Family said...

wow, good job philip! i thought that was very sweet. and that's awesome that you wrote a post! that's great that you were all able to be together. i can imagine how hard that would be.

Blog Archive