Last Couple of Days...

...have been so stinkin' fantastic. One blogs' post worth of random midnight thoughts and information coming right up...

1. I love my daughter so much it hurts sometimes. And as I look at some pics that I took a couple months ago, I can't help but be totally weirded out at how much she has already grown and developed into this little being that has a mind of her own.
Don't let the brown hat fool you (Liv wanted the hat, she likes to accessorize) but the weather on this day was absolutely perfect. She was completely obsessed with these ducks and loves being outside. She loves her momma ALMOST as much as she loves her dad, but nonetheless...I love every inch of her. Everything from her crazy mophead in the mornings to her total fear of ants. (She brutally screams and cries at the sight of an ant on the ground, but loves spiders. Weird.)


2. My Dad and Philip are totally buddies now. How sweet is that! Considering Judge Boyle had a hard time with the "broke college kid" who stole his one and only daughter, they now get along like peas and carrots.


Living with my parents has been a total blessing for our fam. Not only did it help us transition but it is giving my parents an opportunity to see who Philip truly is. My father sincerely has so much regard and respect for my hubby and vise versa. Dang dad, it's about time!!!!! (Kidding, love you dad)
And then there's my mom...who can't get anything done during the day because Liv is my mother's leach. She absolutely loves my mother. Thanks mom, for all you do for Liv.





3. Philip is the Best Dad Ever.
End of Story....I love him. I seriously, seriously, love him.


4. Friends are so Great. This is my dear friend Trina. My old Washington State teammate, mother of twins, kind wife, incredibly organized, and fabulously loyal friend. She and her sweet husband, Eric, came to Boise for a total of about 10 hours to catch up on old times and squeeze in a photoshoot on Monday for their beautiful little Meckenzie and Kiernan.

(This photo was taken by Philip's iPhone at the Cheesecake Factory about 3 seconds before she took off. We were too busy taking pictures of children that we forgot to snap some quick shots! But at least we got one eh? )

But what is so great about all my old teammates back in the day, is that we experienced some great moments together, and some terrible moments together. But now that we're all moving on and getting married and having kids, it's a little tougher to keep the friendship roots strong. That's why I love Trina....she keeps us all together. Friendships are so important...but what is even greater is to sit back and watch your dear friends turn into the people that they've always wanted to become. It's amazing how much has changed.

So how do I tie all this in? Not really sure where I was going with this post or how I was going to get there, but I just wrote what my brain told me to. No editing, and no spellcheck here. Just randomness.

So..I'm going to let my hero, Ferris, sum everything up for me...

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
- Ferris Beuller


16 comments:

Jessica Law said...

Miss, I can't believe Philip took that pic with his iphone. You got the editing down spot on. I know that feeling of loving them TO DEATH! It's really unexplainable. You look amazing as always and Philip always looks sharp and handsome. The twins photo shoot...aodorable. You are extra creative with not only the editing, but the composition of each shot. Can you please come to my house to take our photos?

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Fun post! I love that you quoted Ferris Beuller!!! That's awesome :) I need to do more posts where I just write what my brain tells me...You're the coolest! Oh, have I told you how much Troy and I are going to miss you guys!!!! The Niu family rocks!!

hot potato said...

counting your blessings... always the best approach. i enjoyed reading your list. life is good. children are so much fun.

sounds like you have your priorities intact. here's to "lookin' around once in awhile!"

Becky said...

I am thinking you are too young to know Ferris!
I love random ramblings, they let us get to know more about you and how you think!
Good for your dad! It has got to be hard to see your only daughter go--and to not get to pick the man for her! I want to pick for all my kids!
nice new header!

SPARKY said...

i love this post. i could list a million things i love about mine too. amazing how they capture your heart with one look huh? i'm glad you love your job. i love mine too.

and you can never go wrong with a little ferris.

Melissa-Mc said...

You have a great life full of many blessings!

Aaron and Melanie Gordon said...

Hey Melissa what kind of camera do you use? And do you use photoshop?

Erin said...

Meliss we miss you guys. It's fun to catch up on your lives and we're so happy to see you thriving in Boise even though we miss having you close here in Utah. Just wanted to say hi and that we love you!

Lance and Becky said...

You are too too cute Melissa! Love this post! Love the pictures, and especially the ones with you and Liv...priceless!

[Morgan] said...

love the honesty of this post melissa. you are are awesome and definitely have your head on straight! i can't believe liv is getting so big either. i love it and hate it at the same time! you're wonderful!

theniufamily said...

O love the good overall catch up on you guys. Glas things are going good! Miss you.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I love randomness, it is sincerere and totally you!!! You are a wonderful and sweet woman, wife and mother. I really hope that we can make it up there sometime to visit you guys.
O and that picture of Phillip throwing Liv in the air freaks me out, SHE IS SO SO SO HIGH!!! What a brave little one, besides the ants of course.

Kaila said...

Hey Melissa, How did you find us? Looks like you guys have been busy. I don't know how you do it. Let me know when you guys want to get together.

Life with the Warrens said...

the ant thing was hilarious. emily is the same way. funny how creepy spiders are cool but ants are like the plague and bring on hysterics!

SPARKY said...

thought i'd answer your question here on your blog. about the mic thing? yes, some would say i sing:O) guess you could ask them whether i'm good or not :O)
but as far as whether i actually do singing or not. yes, i am on the harmony praise team at our church and lead the music service occassionally. that pictures was when i did a silly local american idol conteste to win tickets to the concert. luckily i won, unfortunately i had to do a bit of an embarrasing performance before the concert to about 25 people. i was dying inside. but it is my passion. i've sung since i was little.
how bout you? i'm sure you mentioned something about singing somewhere. what's your story?
btw....feel free to just email me too. sss1186@yahoo.com

Kaila said...

I know I need to get better at taking pictures of Kate. Our camera is so big though. I need a smaller one. I will try to post some soon.

Blog Archive