Moochity Mooch

As many out there know, we live with our parents. (Some of you have asked why I'm not pregnant yet? This COULD be the reason ;-) Ha!!
I've always hated being a mooch! And I kind of had a hard time with the whole concept at the beginning. But many months later.......we're still here! We've finally had a moment to breathe and have decided that the time has come to at least narrow down where we'd like to settle for a while. And I think we feel good about this. Although the final decision is still in the air.

I posted this pic in all good fun...my parents have given us our own little corner of the house and we have plenty of privacy. It's hard to think that we might live on our own again. We've gotten way too comfortable. Liv is totally entertained, the big yard, great neighbors, fun with grandparents, fantastic church ward, etc. I share kitchen duties, only clean part of the house, not a lot of bills, and so on. I'll never be able to be as close to my parents (literally). I've tried to enjoy and soak in every minute.
SO...for those of you who are in transition or debating to move back with your parents...don't let your pride get to ya. Moochin' really isn't all that bad :-)

17 comments:

Becky said...

I just don't think you have thought that through enough!
Pray harder!!!
I am sure you have to stay here!

Kris said...

I lived with my mom for almost 2 years! It was so fun to have my girls get to know her better and they have such a tight bond now. I must admit I only moved a half mile away...just far enough!

Melissa-Mc said...

Selfishly we'd like you to keep "mooching." We want you here!

hot potato said...

hey maybe we could be neighbors! just kidding, well sort of... jake and i have looked in this direction too. nothing like it, huh?

here's to getting out on your own. you guys are such good sports, i'm sure both your parents have loved the time with you. what a great way for your little one to really bond with them.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok seriously I love this post. I really love that you appreciate living with your parents and have something positive to say about it. I feel blessed that we have great parents on both sides that we would totally feel comfortable moving in with. You are blessed and I appreciate that you see it.
Good luck with the adventure ahead, you will be successful in whatever path you decide to take. You and Phillip together are like a power house, it is actually quite intimidating how cool you are as a family.
Good luck!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

O my goodness, I just clicked on the "this" and saw what you have decided on!!! I WANT TO MOVE THERE YESTERDAY!!!! How cool is that and how perfect is that for the two of you. Seriously, I want to sell my house now and move there, HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!

SPARKY said...

my hubby and i were offered the same thing for a few months this summer. personally, i would love it. i get along great with my parents but my husband...well, he's a different story. i'm all for the lessening of chores, bills, and just the overall responsibilities, but the honey doesn't see it the same way. it's not that he doesn't love and adore my parents, but i think the some what lack of privacy thing would just be too much for him. anyway.
it's great you've had that time with them. it's a once in a lifetime chance to connect. i'd love to say we will be joinging you out there in eagle, but not too soon. hopefully in the future.
i'd say if you are planning to move "this" way...westminster is a great builder...and very affordable. clive and george are so great to work with. just a tip:O)

SPARKY said...

my hubby and i were offered the same thing for a few months this summer. personally, i would love it. i get along great with my parents but my husband...well, he's a different story. i'm all for the lessening of chores, bills, and just the overall responsibilities, but the honey doesn't see it the same way. it's not that he doesn't love and adore my parents, but i think the some what lack of privacy thing would just be too much for him. anyway.
it's great you've had that time with them. it's a once in a lifetime chance to connect. i'd love to say we will be joinging you out there in eagle, but not too soon. hopefully in the future.
i'd say if you are planning to move "this" way...westminster is a great builder...and very affordable. clive and george are so great to work with. just a tip:O)

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

You know how we feel about this subject...we mooch it up too! I'm sorry we didn't say bye, but we left a lot eariler than we expected :) I'll be back in about a week, so maybe we can chill then and have a proper send off!

Shannon Allen said...

I love the pictures of you and Livia at the park! What babes! Good to see your sweet family is doing well!

Life with the Warrens said...

this friday we move to cali to "mooch" on my mother in law. we are not sure for how long but hope it is temporary! ps we did make the cake-all of it.

[Morgan] said...

Ha Ha. You are so great.
I watched the intro on that site and I can totally picture you working out like that chic.
Good look finding a place!

Jessica Law said...

wowza! This is what you were telling me about. Maybe Eagle is calling us to just take a look. I might be able to enjoy the cold if I have a good friend to enjoy it with...who knows! Rexburg wasn't so bad with you around.

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

We stayed with my parents for a couple of months while we were in transition and we had so much fun. Like you said, it is nice for your kids to be entertained and my favorite part of all was that we didn't have alot of bills. I guess all good things must come to and end....DARN IT! By the way, that looks like a beautiful place to live! How fun! We will definitely have to meet up. We are living in Pocatello, so let us know if you are ever in the area.

Tiare said...

Been there done that!

candicetheresa said...

Been moochin' for six months now...Glad we're not the only ones!

dynamike said...

I would mooch off my parents in a second if they were at all accessible... Too bad for us they're in adventure mode and prefer living in the desert across the globe or on remote islands in Northern Canada. Maybe they're doing that on purpose... ??? haha! We still need to visit you guys in person- it's been too long.

Erin

Blog Archive