
...this guy is so cool. First of all, don't be alarmed by his totally hot and body-filled perm. This young chap is my brother, Brian. "Totally Awesome" was and still is, his middle name.
Lets go back in time a bit. I'd like to bring your attention to the sad, pathetic yet tramatizing
picture (for me) to the right. If you can't tell, that is me in the middle of my brothers on Brian's birthday."What's that weird thing covering my eye?" you might ask? Well, it's an eye patch. I had, and still have, a lazy eye. I can't help but look at this picture and laugh for many reasons. First, because Brian and I both had to wear patches because one of our eyes is totally handicap. Second, because I can now look back and see the obnoxious little girl that always had to be by her big brother's side. I completely worshipped Brian. And let me tell you, I bugged Brian to death. It continues to be an inside joke between Brian and I to this day. But what is so wonderful, is that he is now one of my best friends.

He's a listening ear, a man of good character and good advice. A good father and a great brother. He put up with me when I was a gapped tooth, mullet haired, patch-wearing 7 year old. And he still puts up with me today:-) I love you Brian! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!!!
-------------
And here is the crazy part....Philip ALSO has a brother that is getting older today. Meet Leland.
A strong, brave, courageous man that I seriously have learned to love and look up to. I haven't had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Leland simply because he's a military man who is currently saving the world (seriously), but in the moments I DO get to spend time with him...he truly is kind and is a man of integrity.Lucky for Leland, I didn't have a way to dig up any pictures of him while he was a young lil' dude so I'll just have to post this one where he looks very handsome and charming and the one where he was our "tour guide" in DC.
I am grateful that Philip has such wonderful brothers. And I can't help but be partial to Leland today for his example to my husband Philip. He absolutely looks up to Leland. Period. He respects the man that he is, was, and always has been. Philip would give anything to be Leland when he grows up :-)
We love you Leland!!! Happy Birthday!!!








6 comments:
i love your post because i can so relate. i am and always have been crazy bout my older bro (jake). he's so wonderful and admirable. he was who i looked for when i wanted a husband. i too was in his shadow all the time, but it was usually me and him against my younger bro which was more fun than you know:O)
i love the humor about yourself.... since you are such a knock-out in real life. i can see you are real sweet on your brother(s). that is how i hope my daughter will be about her big brother, luke.
happy birthday, brian! (and leland)
Melissa,
I love blogging!!! Don't know how I found you, but it was fun to reconnect with a lot of people through you. By the way, Lance and Becky Reynolds are good friends of ours...we were next door neighbors in Provo. So, are you guys at your parents house? How love have you been here? YOu are so talented, it's fun to read up on your family and what you are doing now. Stay in touch!
one more way you and kat are alike-the lazy eye.
aaannd, you shouldn't mock the poor cindy lauper girl, that sooooo could have been me! just one more reason you should be glad you were born when you were!
those shorts of philips are making me dizzy, if you stare at them long enough is there a hidden picture or something? (maybe you are too young to remember those too)
Ok I totally LOVE this post. I love old pictures, tributes to family and good times in the past and the many to come. Your brother seems way cool and it is so cool that you two have such a close relationship. Great post!
Sweet post Miss. I love the eye patch. How come I don't remember you ever wearing that? It's cute - you should be proud!
Post a Comment