"Big Brown Man!"



Philip had a week long trip to Tokyo, and as you can see from the picture, he's a little taller than the average Japanese male, or female for that matter. He went with some of his business partners, one of them being my brother, and the others being some fabulous gentlemen from Japan.

Philip called me every so often and I always loved to hear the report. I would ask what type of reaction he would get from his height and size from the people. It went something like this...

"Oh, big brown man!"
"So big!"
"Ohhhh wow...big big man"
"Asuper staru!"
"Niu son, very very large!"

Or something like that...however or whatever they called him, it was truly entertaining. I laughed hard.

Philip and Jeff with the Jus Japan Team

Eating at the tables with no chairs...I'm sure they have a name for this...

Tokyo...

Sushi...the REAL deal...
Philip picks his teeth quite a bit because of his braces that he loves so much. But in Japan, it's polite to cover your mouth while diggin' for food. So nice.

He totally LOVED the people, the culture, the food, everything. The culture is so respectful. Looks like he'll be heading back often, maybe I'll go next time.... just so they can look at me and say, "wow, big giant woman!" (in japanese accent of course).

So happy to have you home, my big brown man!!!!!

20 comments:

Angie Judd said...

So funny! I love it! That sushi looks wonderful.
What an awesome opportunity to experience.

The Harpers said...

Ahhhh....Tokyo, my home! If you have the opportunity you should definitely go. We can give you lots of fun places to see. It's the greatest city. Glad to hear Philip had a good time

Whitney Niu said...

I loved the pics... the v-formation picture made me laugh out loud. I bet they did call him big brown man. Philip is kicking Jus butt... it's awesome!

Aaron and Melanie Gordon said...

Aaron and I both decided that we are sad Phil has braces....we liked his signature gap...It's an Allen thing too. Great to hear the business is doing great!

Becky said...

I think they would be amazed to see you! I enjoyed how Jeff blends right in in with the Japanese!

Unknown said...

That is so exciting that the company is doing so well. I definately think you should go next time that would be so funny to see the reactions you guys get.

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Ha Ha! That's funny! I love that first picture! It doesn't even look real :)

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Yeah, that first picture is awesome! And the last picture looks like Philip has a "glow" around him...seriously. I bet that was an amazing experience in Japan, you definitely should go next time. Hope all is well!

~Coops

McBrides said...

I can't remember there being a time in Atlanta when Phil was not the biggest man around. Looks like Japan was fun.

joelle said...

haha that is hilarious! I love it.

Tiff and Dan said...

I'm so glad to hear that the business is growing! It's amazing what they are doing! Congrats Philip! I love that first picture. It looks like it could be in a magazing. I could only imagine what they would think when people would meet you two together...:)

theniufamily said...

I love it! The Niu boys don't reallt fit in at a place like Tokyo, especially Philip!

Tiare said...

Ha ha ha. That's awesome. Tokyo looks really fun!

[Morgan] said...

Wow. Philip rocks! Ryan and I had to look at that top pic, again and again... it looks fake.
What an awesome thing to be able to do!!!

Dionna said...

Not liking that sushi though! I would have starved.

Melissa-Mc said...

I LOVE that first picture. How funny! Jesse has some similar ones from living in China, but he was the big white guy.

Eva's Attic said...

AHHH Koneechiwah! I totally butchered that spelling. It looks like Phillip had a great time, but I bet you are so happy to have him back. Thanks for you comments on my blog...What is Esty?
Love ya1 Dude
Cami

Lorilu said...

That is so funny! When I was over there the girls would touch my hair and be in awe --- my hair is blonde & "soft". :) They are great people!

Erin said...

Congrats Philip!!! YES we would love to see you!!!!!! Call me when you get here! xo Erin

Jessica Law said...

Boy do I miss you posting more frequently! You write so well and I just get a kick out of you. I need a few laughs over here in my stressful home office.

thank you chunk.

Blog Archive