Big Daddy Vs. Nemo


As I sit here peacefully in the corner of my room, I can't help but overhear the Terrible-two-Tantrum going on in the room next to me. Philip is trying to put Liv down for bed, and all I hear is wailing, kicking, screaming, and ....."NNEEEMO!".

Liv now has an addiction. A serious, terrible addiction. Nemo has been watched today probably a total of 9 times. I know, I totally gave in way too many times...but I put my foot down about a half hour ago and told her that it's time for bed.

Philip told me to go relax and that "he could handle it".

The Title Bout is on, and has been going strong for about 18 minutes now. Will he throw in the towell, and will the craving for Nemo prevail yet again? She's daddy's little girl...you tell me.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it Philip!!!!!

Becky said...

Change the name to Anna, and the movie to scooby doo, and I hear that every night!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is so stinkin funny, I can just picture the whole scene right now and it totally cracks me up big time. It is so funny because Phil is such a big guy but I can just see him crumble in the hands of that beautiful little girl!!! I can't wait to hear who wins!

Melissa-Mc said...

Can I send Chase over? I think they'd get along.

Whitney Niu said...

It must be a Niu baby thing. When Carter was Liv's age he was a Nemo junky. I totally feel for Philip! But here's my trick Philip.... Carter would be kicking and screaming and crying for Nemo, but like Liv, it would be bedtime. I would tell him... chill and I'll "tell" you the Nemo story. He had seen the movie so many times that I would just talk through a totally condensed version of the movie and you could tell he was watching the movie in his head. Worked like a charm... Carter got to watch Nemo in his head and I got to put the two year old to bed.

Melinda said...

I can name every movie that my kids were obsessed with at age 2. Is it nice knowing she's normal?

birdbabies said...

I wish you two the best of luck! We need to get together! I want to get some pictures taken, I keep talking about it, but just need to DO it. Plus, I want to hang out...it's been FOREVER! lets get together soon.

Tina said...

can you e-mail me your e-mail addresse(s) so I can add you to our blog. it's tinareid@gmail.com

[Morgan] said...

my bets on nemo.

Lorilu said...

PLEASE let us know the winner!

Collie Dawgs said...

I cannot get over this! It cracks me up eventhough when we are going through it here at our house, it's not so funny!! :) Our movie is the Strawberry Shortcake movie called "Sweet Dreams!!" I am curious to know when she gave in, or if her dad gave in?? Good to hear from you!!

Emily Rigby said...

here you go

http://emilyrigbyblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

theniufamily said...

Co cute. Its ok Liv, I love Nemo to. If mom and dad ever dont let you watch it, you can come to Auntie Brynn's house and watch it! (even though I know your mom will never give in!!!)

Lance and Becky said...

How funny is this post! I love the "I'll take care of it...you go take a bath" I always end up back where I started :) So...how did it all go? Goooo Phillip!

hot potato said...

hey melissa! how the heck are you? love this post. it reminds me of what goes on in my house. i love your banner changes on your blog. too cute. hope your summer's going well.

SPARKY said...

funny. we aren't quite in the throws of competition with a fish, but just playing in general. i just put my munchkin down for a nap...oh wait, that was 80 minutes ago!!! yep, battle of the wills, and i finally won. yeah for me

Blog Archive