The First Face I See in the Morning...

...is hers!


Yep. I'm one of those moms. I totally let my child sleep with me at night...quite a bit lately because of Philip's business traveling schedule. I've read some articles that talk about the "parent trap" of letting your children sleep with you. But you know what? Pretty soon, my little munchkin is going to be taller than me (no really, she's off the charts) and I'll look back at the times fondly when she woke me up by touching my eye balls. Or nuzzling up to my neck. Or sticking her finger up my nose. Or kicking me in the face. Although painful, I love every minute of it.

20 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I totally do not blame you one bit!!! She is one beautiful girl! WOW!!! I would take advantage of those moments for sure! LOVE ALL OF YOUR SHOTS!!! You are amazing! Thanks for talking to me the other day. You got a fire lit under me to believe and achieve! Thanks for offering your help. You are one amazing woman!!! Boy o' boy are you amazing! I really wish I lived up there to hang with peoples like you and Phillip more often!

Becky said...

I think that is the real reason she is an only child! It is tough when the men are gone- mine camp out with me still when Dave isn't around!

shawna said...

that's an adorable picture! i have no advise on the sleeping situation BUT i am coming to boise on the 4th of sept and i'm dying to see you! email me lady!!

Kristi said...

Your so right. They grow up way to fast! Scott used to sleep with me and then one day I woke up and no Scotty in the bed? It was kinda sad, good for him but sad for me. In reference to the ALL MIGHTY BOOKs available, I have found that most authors that write them either A have never had kids, or B are men!!?? By the way Liv is adorable and getting so grown up, cannot believe it!

The Harpers said...

Ooooh, I agree! I let Reina sleep with me when Scott is away. I love cuddling with my baby in bed. She's growing up before my eyes and I like to have every moment I can with her.

Tiare said...

You're brave. When Blake sleeps with me, it is the worst sleep any of us have ever had. Livia is a gorgeous little one, I don't blame you for taking advantage of the cuddle time! Oh, I love the new background!

Heidi said...

Now we know why she has no siblings! he he j/k. She does seem to be growing up quickly!

Life with the Warrens said...

i totally agree! one day they will say "mommy, i don't need you anymore" right now my girls cry when i say they need to sleep in their own bed, but some day i will cry when they say "mom get out of my bed!" she is so cute too. who wouldn't want to wake up with that cutie Liv in their face?

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

How cute! I bet it would be fun to be woken up by a cute little kid...I just get woken up by an annoying alarm or a stinky dog!

Melissa-Mc said...

She is so dang cute!

Megan is now officially taller than me, not that it's really hard or anything :)

[Morgan] said...

Amen sister! Both of my kids have spent many nights in our bed! And we love it!
Liv is getting so big! How fair is it that a 2 year old can have such GREAT hair?! It's not fair at all!
She's beautiful!
Love your new blog header!

Chris said...

niu! melysa found your page and messaged me while i sat here at work. it's nice to see you're doing well and making beautiful kids. give us a call sometime; we'll do lunch.

SPARKY said...

well, what are ya gonna do really? i say it's just better to live in ignorance, to heck with all the articles and books. most of them are written by men or people who've never had a baby anyway :O) god gives us inated instinct to know what's best for our children. if it's not going well, we know. more power to mamas! and thank goodness for little fingers to poke and little feet to kick us

Lorilu said...

AMEN Sista! Im with you. My liitle guy (5) has been in our bed since birth. I think "SOome day he won't even LIKE us much less WANT to sleep with us! LOL

Kipn n' Sarah said...

SO I got the photoshop program and am SO SO SO EXCITED to learn how to use it. The shoot also went well, there were 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen so there were a ton of people to work with but everyone was great and it was so much fun. I can't wait to get more and more busy!!!!

Lance and Becky said...

I love love your pictures up top of Liv! She is sooo beautiful! I do the same thing with my kiddos...they'll be fine! I always think "pretty soon, they wont want to sleep in my bed" Just soak this time up!

Simantha said...

Hi...you dont know me...and that may be a bit scary...but your husband knows me, we served together in GAM! There were very few of us polys so we were very close-knit! I hope you dont mind me adding you to my blog so that i can see what you and your hubby and your cutie are up to!

malo

Simi
(aka sis shankaran)

Simantha said...

couzin!! well soo much to update on aye! first its totally awesome we are back in touch! Isa those days on the miss! well after the miss i went back to BYU to finish school then headed home to fiji, got married and now am the very busy mom of a almost four year old girl! (thats all the past so many years in nutshell) oi, and i work for an advertising agency here in Fiji. My husband lives and works in new zealand right now. So its just me and the little one at home, plus my bro lives with me too. I checked out your jus website, pretty cool stuff there! how about you...oi and your wife is very pretty and your daughter...one little angel!

theniufamily said...

Go for it and enjoy it while you can!

Unknown said...

If Liv and Luke don't hook up when their older I'm gonna have a fit! They would have monsterous children, but that's cool I guess. I was glad to finally see some pics of you in the b-day post. You are coming up on 30 yourself little darling. Lets go somewhere cool to celebrate our 30th together...deal?

Blog Archive