This past weekend, the whole "Coconut" family had their reunion. And let me tell you, I loved every minute of it! Since my daughter is part Tongan, I want to be sure she understands her heritage and where she came from. And after this weekend, I'm pretty sure she loved every second of the festivities too! The dancing, the food, her cousins, her Aunties and Uncles, the live pigs, dead pigs, and the yummy drinks, etc.What's even more of a bonus is that meeting Philip's side of the family from all over the world gave me more of an insight into who he is and who his family is. Sooooo important to me! It is such a welcoming and giving culture. I hope to carry on some of the traditions in our own home.




















I'm sure you noticed some of the red headed Tongans...well Philip's father, Paul, married a red-head from California. Otherwise known as my sweet mother-in-law. They now have some red-headed children, and some that look like Philip. It's a case study in itself. :-)
After sweating and dancing and eating the night away, we woke up the next morning, ate some more, then thanks to my brother-in-law Devin, we decided to take a little road trip.
I absolutely love my extended family!!!! Thanks for a very memorable weekend!!!! I love you all!
P.S. Happy Birthday to my sweet mother in law, Suzie!!! We love you!!!!








16 comments:
I absolutely love the polonesian culture, amazing culture! What a fun family. Oh and I love, love, love, your road trip photos...you do amazing work :)
I love the polonesian culture too. I dated a guy that was a poly and LOVED IT!!! Looks like a ton of fun!!! Your little girl is the cutest thing ever and you are beautiful as ever as well.
That looks like a SERIOUS party!!
What a fun family and awesome culture to be a part of! Love your photography work...you rock!
um...okay, so it looks like a LOT of fun. one question though ~ what's going on with the 2nd pig picture? but seriously, family reunions are the BEST (minus the pig torture.)
oh that poor little pig.... i bet it was really yummy:)
tis the season for family reunions! but ours, instead of playing with, and eating pigs- we become them ourselves! too much food!
I want to do the money dance with Liv!
Hey, I don't know if we've met, but I'm the daughter/sister of the Reynolds boyz and dad! I saw your link on Lance's blog and peeked at yours just to see what you were up to! I was touched by your photos and what you said about your husband's heritage. My hub's Fijian and we just returned from our first trip there with our little one- the first time for me to meet his family! As I read your post, it just flooded me with feelings and memories- just wanted to say hi!
fun weekend meliss! I love the dead pig! looks delicious! and i definately think you guys need to have a red-headed kid!! ha ha
wonderful. i LOVE you family culture and heritage. where exactly did you guys go? did i miss that?
Oh I am so sad I wasn't there. I love the pictures though!
How fun is that! Love the culture, and the people! What a fun time, and I love the little dancers, so cute!
Phillip and family! I found your blog through the Gordon's, hope you don't mind. BTW, this is Tina (Fonoimoana) Reid. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, you guys have such a beautiful family!
I know that you have the same camera as me and I was wanting to ask you what lenses you have and if there is a specific website you get them from??? I am really trying to focus on my photography right now so I do not have to work away from home so much! I really admire you and your beautiful work and would love some tips from you. Especially since I know that my equipment is capable of work like yours. I just need to work on my skills.
So yeah, what type of lenses do you have? Which are your favorites??? Keep me posted please!
I wish that we could of been there. Us Niu's in Hawaii were waiting and waiting but no one showed for the one here. nah we heard that is was switched back. But Shaun and I will try to make it next year. Heard its in AZ. My kids in to know that there tongan too. They think there tahitian/Hawaiian. Looks like everyone had a blast. Coconut heads rule!!!
So sorry we missed you guys, it looked like an awesome party!
Post a Comment