In between family, reunions, old friends, and motherhood....I totally overdid myself and scheduled way too many photoshoots for the month of August. Thus, I'm married to my camera and way behind on my domestic duties. So here it is, midnight, and I finally decide to do some of my "chores" and...of course....the washer is broken. I think it kind of threw me over the edge of sanity for maybe .3 seconds.
Have you ever done weeks of laundry by hand? I'm laughing at myself right now because it hurts to type. Yep. (Here's the proof of wussines...in 3...2....1....) I have blisters on my hands from ringing out my underwear.
I guess the moral of my journal-keeping story is....to not take for granted the little things. Honestly. Dish washers, Vacuums, Washer & Dryers, Diapers, forks, pens, wheels, light bulbs, beds. In all seriousness, we're pretty blessed to have the things we have.
I did the Whites by hand tonight....tomorrow? I've got Colors. You bet your boots that I'm headed to the laundry mat.






11 comments:
Hi , Melissa , I am so sorry for you ,I DO REMEMBER HOW TO DO LAUNDRY BY HAND and that's wy my hart is with you . Please come and do the laundry at our house :) call my cell 570-3481
mine is available!
sorry you are overbooked, and happy for you too! been there done that way too many times!
I know exactly how you feel when it comes to being overbooked! I'm exhausted this summer...but I must say that I don't quite know how it feels to have blisters from washing underwear! Ha! You're too funny! Sorry for your pain, and good luck with your load of colors :)
I hope all the weddings went well for you with being their photographer. I bet you did awesome. You are an amazing photographer and it was fun seeing you guys at the family reunion.
Your blog is so cute and you have the cutest little girl. You probably don't know me, but my husband and I served in the same mission as your husband. He and my husband were companions and Phil was my zone leader for a long time. You take awesome pictures and I wished we lived closer so we get our family pictures done!! I am so sorry you have to do laundry by hand. I don't know if I could do it.
That's awesome- I'm so sorry- I have a washer n dryer you can use. come play at our house;) by the way, here is wussiness for you... i got a blister on my thumb the 1st time I played the guitar for Rock Band. Seriously... at least you were being productive.
oh dear! that is awful-you seem to be juggling too many things! last year I lived without a dishwasher, and boy do I appreciate my half broken one that I've got now.
don't beat yourself up for feeling like a woosie:O)....truth is... we do have it pretty good. but it's not our fault, it's all those smart guys out there who keep inventing things to make it easier and make us lazier and more wimpy...so i'm not accepting responsibility !!!
oh and i want you to know i commend you for doing it by hand. i would have never attmepted that. if you want, i'd be glad to let you drop your dirty laundry off at my house...i've been there and laundry mats kinda suck too. and a little piece of advice. DO NOT leave it. when we were first married, we made that mistake and all my husbands jeans were stollen.
Our washer is working. Come on over. I'm not up to doing laundry yet and it will make me feel better about myself that someone is using it.
I can not believe that you actually washed your laundry by hand! I do not think I even know how to do that! I WOULD DIE!!!! When Kip and I were in our appartment when we were first married we had to do our wash at Kip's parents house and I thought that was tough to travel to do laundry! I can't believe you did it by hand! EEEEeeekkkkssss!!! You crack me up! Take good care of those fingers, they are useful in Photography and looks like you need them you busy little bee! I need to call you again soon for your adobe tips! YOU AMAZING WOMAN YOU!!!
you are hallllariousss!!!! Did you cry because I heard that the salt in your tears gets stains out?
Emily
Post a Comment