Dual Bash


So Philip turned 27 today. My sweet, handsome, witty, nutty, funny, strong husband is one step closer to 30. But I am now 2 steps closer to 30. Our birthdays are just a few days apart so my mom threw us a big party....she went all out on this one.

What do you get when you combine a bunch of old hats with a little bit of sugar from the birthday cake?

This. This is what you get.
Crazy Hat Birthday Bash.





Thanks fam for all of your love and for partying with us! We missed having Philip's family there with us too but we will see you all soon. We love you all!

20 comments:

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday, guys!!! Looks like you started a new year with a bash!!!! Love the hats!

The Harpers said...

Happy Birthday you two!!

Becky said...

wow, you are getting old. Were the hats to cover up the male pattern baldness? :) good thing he still has all his hair so he doesn't cry when he reads that!
hope you have a fun rest of your brithday (we drag ours out all month!)

shawna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

How fun! I love the hats!! Your fam knows how to party...You guys look like you're having a blast in the pics! Happy birthday to you both!!!

{Marie Long} said...

Happy birthday to the both of you!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Happy Happy birthday and how fun is that??? Love the crazy hat birthday bash and I love how Phillip's hat doesn't even fit on his head! What a hoot! Happy Birthday's to you folks!

theniufamily said...

YAY! Happy Birthday to both of you! Hope you both had great b-days!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a very 'HATTY', I mean, Happy Birthday!!:) Get it?! Haha. I'm hilarious!:) I love all the pictures...so cute!

Johnson Family said...

Hey Melissa and Philip!!! It's so nice to see pictures and updates of your family! I was actually reading a friends blog and happened to glance over at her friend list and saw your name. I was so excited! So I just wanted to say hi. Livia has grown so big and has become even more beautiful! I would love to catch up with you! Wish we hung out more when you were here... Send me an email at vj08@hotmail.com

Take care and keep in touch,
Vaueli Johnson

Johnson Family said...

p.s. Happy Belated Birthday to the both of you!!!

Anie said...

I LOVE the crazy hat party idea!!! What a cool mom you have! Happy Birthday to both of you!!!!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Happy b-day! Erik turns 30 in 2 weeks. What an old fart! I can't believe we're only 2 years away. Scary!!

Emily Patterson said...

Happy Birthday to you both! What a cute fam :)

[Morgan] said...

happy birthdays!

The Brownz said...

Hey girl its been awhile huh. your lil girl is too cute:) well just wanted to say hi. TTYL Tupu

Heidi said...

Happy birthday to you both! What a fun idea for a party

Arlene Heiner said...

Happy Birthday! What a cute idea! Hope you are doing well!

Arlene Heiner said...

Missy that comment above was from me.

Melanie

Lance and Becky said...

How cute are you guys! Love the hats, and happy happy birthday!

Blog Archive