Monkey

Most 2 year olds are speaking fluently. Not Liv. I love her part Russian and (totally appropriate) partial Tongan language.

"Hununuhuhuh?"
Translation: Can I have another one?

"mommy. uh ah uuuuu?"

Translation: "Mommy where are you?"

"mommy. aunt motshoos."
Translation: "Mommy, I want to watch Monsters [Inc.]"

"Keeeeeeeees!"
Translation : "Please"

"Ah toot"
Translation: "I passed gas."

"Ah hah heyyyo!"
Translation: "I want to say hello or where is your cell phone?"

"Uh lolah lalo"
Translation: "Look what I've got!"
(Don't ask:-)

She has serious physical strength. If you can't open up a jar of applesauce, odds are she'll pop it right open for you. She has added this amazingly funny belly chuckle that is incredibly contagious. She still loves her daddy. She still smells peoples feet. And still seems to slither into Philip and my bed around 3 am. Silly silly girl....



14 comments:

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Cute pictures! I love her unique little language :) That's fun :) When are we going to hang out again? I hope you haven't come to UT without calling us!

Melissa-Mc said...

Chase speaks Cambodian. Seriously. I bet it's there own secret language and can understand each other.

[Morgan] said...

she's such a doll! "ah toot" i'm going to start using that one. heh heh.
that last one? i know you said don't ask but... it's sounds kind of hawaiian? yes, silly girl indeed.

Melinda said...

What a cute girl. I love the darling talk and translations. Don't you sometimes want to record them talking at this age. I love 2 yr olds.

Heidi said...

What a fun little language. She sounds like quite the character.

Becca B said...

she is so much fun, I love it!!!!!!!!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

She is such a beauty and I LOVE her personality! It was so great meeting her in real life and seeing you all again. Your photography is incredible, Melissa. I'm jealous! I wish I had the gift.

shawna said...

i'm so glad i finally got to meet liv! thanks so much to you and your hubby for making the trek to my cousins house. it was so fun catching up, even if it was a quick visit. **hugs**

SPARKY said...

that's so funny. i guess her and ry aren't very far apart in age huh? he's been walking since 9months and can seriously do stuff three years olds can, but the talking thing? not so much. don't get me wrong, that kids knows exactly what he wants and what things are, he just can't pronounce worth a hillabeans.

benandmonitanner said...

You were up as late as I was last night. I love to check on your little family...what a great reminder to soak up every little darling expressive moment. YES, we do need to get together!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok this post totally cracks me up, but what cracks me up even more is that you know what those sentences mean when some of them sound nothing like what it really is. You are an amazing mommy and she is SO SO SO CUTE!!! That is crazy how strong the girl is but look at her huge buff daddy. Looks like she got the muscles for sure and the beautiful looks from her mommy. She is a beautiful combo!!!

Becky said...

luckily you are trilingual! I am in the translation stage also- but ours is the binky in the mouth language! I can't wait to get rid of that thing!
love your cute little monkey!

The Stones said...

Darling! My hubby has to remind me that the boys coming in at night won't last forever and one day we will miss it. Every night we go to bed with just the 2 of us and in the morning we wake up with all 5 of us. Gotta love it! Your pix of the fair are AWESOME!!!

candicetheresa said...

So funny. Love it.

Blog Archive