Fresh Legs

Helllllllloooooooooooooo World!



Hello beautiful smells! Hello life without saltines by my side! Hello energy, sleep, Golds Gym, and food!
Goodbye toilet bowl, dry toast, jello, and overloads of orange juice and cheese.

I am no longer on my death bed from nausea! Isn't that wonderful! I've got a whole new set of fresh legs. I'm about 15 weeks along today and life is finally arrived during the second trimester of Baby Niu #2.

Even though I feel like this already:


.....(disturbing, I know).....I am excited to be up and running again.

Although, I'm not exactly what you call....uh....graceful, or athletic. Funny things happen to me when I am pregnant. I take pride in the fact that I once played at a fairly high level of college volleyball. But all of that athletic ability becomes non-existent once the ept test says positive.

For instance:
I made muffins at my mother's house. I mixed, I picked up a pan, and suddenly I have a huge piece of glass stuck in my leg and in need of an ER visit. How you ask? Dunno. Ask the belly.

OR:
I go bowling for Family Night with the hubby and kid. Is it possible for a grown adult to get more than 7 gutter balls in a row? Hmmm, guess so. How you ask? Ask the belly.

And it's only to get worse. It usually does.

BUT.....I am pumped to be living, to still be pregnant, and to not be vomiting anymore.

Sigh.


23 comments:

Jessica Law said...

That was a wonderful read. In all the time we talked on the phone, I failed to ask you how you were feeling. What a horrible friend I am! I am so happy to hear your feeling better my dear. Kiss the belly for me.

Heidi said...

This just reminded me of how hard those first weeks/months are. I am glad you are feeling better!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Great news! Well, the part about you feeling better is good news, but I'm sorry to hear you're having some clumsy moments!

Melissa-Mc said...

I am SO glad you are feeling better! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Life with the Warrens said...

this is very exciting! it feels so good to be back in the land of the living, not the land of living by the toliet bowl. ahahahaha i am sure you are just as tiny as can be and lookin oh so gorgeous. i don't think it is possible for you to not look gorgeous. i bet Liv and Phillip are so happy for you to be back to your clumsy self again!

Becky said...

glass in the leg?? the gutter balls, that is my normal bowling, just have them put up the kiddie rails it will raise your self esteem.
so glad you are feeling a bit better! no one wants to be at the toilet for 9 months!

Felder Funnies said...

Melissa Boyle!! I just found you while I was at Paige's house!! Your family is just too cute and congrats on baby #2! Robyn

Kris said...

I am so happy you are feeling better! I just have a question...where did you find that picture? Is she pregnant with a litter? Holy cow! That is pregnant!!

birdbabies said...

welcome back miss! so glad to hear things are on the up and up. and um...maybe avoid the muffin makin' for awhile.

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

Melis...I LOVE reading your blog. It's hilarious. Not to mention, every picture of your darling Livia is amazing. SHE'S amazing! You know we are naming this little one (they tell me is a girl) Lola...but IF (a strong IF) we have another...and IF (a strong IF) it's another GIRL...I MAY have to steal Livia's name for Lola's little sister. Do you mind? I mean, now that I've seen what that name can produce...why wouldn't I steal it, right? :)

Anyway, I'm so glad you are feeling well. I miss that 2nd trimester. I felt good from about 17 weeks until about 31. Then it starts getting bad again. Reflux, fights for space with Gumby, bachache...and yes, once again nothing sounds good to eat...and I'm EXHAUSTED! Thank heavens (not to brag of course) I only have a little over 5 weeks to go! :)

We love you guys! And are so happy that you are doing so well. Tell Kyle that I said he must give you a big hug from me next time you see him!

Take care!
Your cuz, Ames

Erin said...

So glad the morning sickness has finally passed. Isn't it the most glorious feeling?
I laughed that you get clutzy when pregnant... YOU??? I really can't imagine that. I'll believe it when I see it! Glad you're feeling good again!

[Morgan] said...

wow. so nice to feel like a functioning human being again huh? it's a good thing we forget those days or no one would have more than one baby! ha!
glad you are well, i hope it means you'll be posting more often!

Paige said...

I HATE the first 17 weeks of all my pregnancies...I seriously don't think there are words to describe throwing up 20 times a day and having NO motivation to do anything...I'm SOOO glad you've past it. as for the belly picture....um I didn't flinch...that is exactly what I look like when I'm pregnant I swear....so what's the big deal?LOL

The Johnson Journey said...

First of all, Congratulations! That's really exciting! Second, I'm SO sorry you were sick... that's the absolute WORST! But it definitely makes you grateful for the rest of your pregnancy, and you don't care at all about getting big. :) I hope that picture you took wasn't recent when you ARE pregnant... Are you kidding me?! Wow. Anyway, I stalked you, don't be scared... I love your photos.

Kim said...

This is fantastic news my friend! Welcome back to the world without the zuke!

Lisa said...

Congrats on being pregnant! That is so exciting. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I hate morning sickness. Are you guys going to find out what you're having?

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Hip Hip Horray!!!! That is right about when I started feeling much much better, I never got sick (I Know) but I was SO SO TIRED and it is so nice to have energy again! Your posts are always so creative and funny and I just love reading your well everything and seeing all your well EVERY SHOT you take! You are so stinkin cool, did you ever know that you are my hero! So any guesses for the sex???? So glad you are feeling better and can't wait to see and hear about the progress!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

By the way, don't kill yourself being well belliefied!!! I like you too much!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

That picture of the pregnant bikini woman...Wow! It's amazing skin can stretch like that. Glad your not praying to the toilet anymore. You're at a good stage right now, not sick, and not too uncomfortable yet. Enjoy it! Just be careful around glass ;). Clutziness (sp?) during pregnancy... it can happen to the best of us.

barbara beck said...

Congrats we are so excited for you guys! keep us posted we look forward to hearing what the gender is!

Becca B said...

youre almost halfway!! way to hang in there. :) do we get belly pix of you to see how big you aren't :)

candicetheresa said...

Yay for you! Welcome to a whole new world!

The Harpers said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I be looking forward to some belly pics posts :)

Blog Archive