
Nurse: "So here is a profile shot. Here are the little hands, the little feet, and lets take a look at little ones' heart."
Philip: "Is everything attached? Uh, I mean is everything in place."
Nurse: "Yep. Everything normal so far."
Philip: "What about the brain, everything in there?"
Nurse: "Yep, looking great."
[Liv suddenly takes blanket out of mouth]
Liv: "Oh wow, baby."
Nurse: "Oh wow, there's the looooooong leg, or the femur bone. The measurements here mean the length of the legs are in the 95% percentile. "
Philip: "Figures"
Nurse: "Would you guys like to find out the sex?"
All: "Yes, please."

Nurse: "Well Liv, it looks like you're going to have a baby sister."
[Looks of bewilderment]
Liv: "No, boy."
Melissa: "No Liv, it's a little baby girl just like you."
Liv: "NO! Boy"
[Her fists clenched, eyebrows furled]
Nurse: "No, you're going to have a younger sister to play with, share clothes with...."
Liv: "NO! IT'S A BOY!"
[Screaming, banging on machines, running around the doctor's office, Philip stressing out, Melissa laughing with goop all over her belly, Liv screaming 'boy', pulling urine sample cups out of the cupboards, flailing the doctor's business cards all over floor]
Narrator: Needless to say, Liv had the blues. Liv wanted a boy; a sword-fighting chum, a friend to talk dinosaurs with. On the other hand, Philip and Melissa felt blessed for all little limbs, chambers and spine to be in tact. They have anything but the blues...and can't wait for their house of drama-queens.






40 comments:
Exciting news! I can't think of anything better than having two girls running around the house. Hopefully Liv will learn to love her :)
Exciting! Sisters have been one of my greatest blessings in life- Liv will love it someday (soon). Congratulations
Congratulations!! Liv will soon realize that it's great having a sister =) Besides, it's only the beginning right? LOL There still might be a brother somewhere down the line. Maybe that will give her some comfort. Take care.
Hilarious! that is so cute! congrats on the girl. liv will be a great older sister :)
Congratulations! It is going to be so much fun when little baby Niu arrives . . . Liv will be lovin' on her tons!
Congrats on the little girl! Liv will appreciate it later when she has a best friend and a sister in the same person!
congratulations!!!
ellie was devastated to have a little brother! ha! she wanted a sister so badly. She cried the whole way home that the baby had a "tail"... ha ha.
that's a whole other story:)
sending loves your way!
Thats is Funny. tell Liv that her uncle Shaun knows how she feels. 3 times around. Why do you think we have so many kids. CAUSE SHAUN said the same thing , But didnt start throwing a fit until we got to the car.LOL. Congrads on you healthy baby. Hope for a smooth pregnancy and birth. When we get the chance I have to tell you about when we found out we were having Shaun Sii. It is too funny.
Megan will trade one of her little brothers for Livia's baby sister any day :) Congrats!
Cute little story, you can name your little girl Charlie just to make little Liv happy??? That is so cute how much she wanted a brother, I would think she would be thrilled with a sis but you say she LOVES boys!
Congrats, I can't wait to see her, she is going to be beautiful and apparently tall too! Yeah for little girls and our being like a week apart, yeah!!
Hooray for girls! Liv cracks me up. Hailey thinks the baby in my tummy is a boy too. I'm so excited for you guys.
Yay! How fun...I agree, Liv will learn to love it soon enough. :D You guys know that you make amazingly beautiful girls...so no worries about her being cute. ;) (that's what I tell myself each time I find out I'm having a boy...atleast I know I make cute boys) :D
too funny, she will soon get over it. when john found out he was in for another sister he calmly said " i am going to be sad for a very long time", he wasn't! he loves anna!
That cracks me up! I think almost everyone I know that is pregnant right now is having a girl. It must be the season. (:
Yes, drama queen. That's what I anticipate is joining our family. It might be rough after little chill, laid back, sweetheart Trent. But an adventure! Congrats!
Congrats girl. Your daughter is hilarious:)
Congratulations!!! That is so exciting.
Congrats!!! That is so great! Now you don't ever have to worry about Liv having a sister to go through life with. I'm sooo happy for the three of you!!
Oh my gosh! That is so exciting!! There is NOTHING better than 2 little girls- they will be eachother's best playmates! It will melt your heart seeing them play together. There is something unbreakable when it comes to a sister's bond and they will have it forever! Do you have names? Congratulations, I'm so happy for you guys!!
Very exciting!! Liv is so dang funny! I can totally picture the tantrum in the dr. office-your daughter is a LOT like mine! How fun!!! We have to get together this week! We are finally better over here, so lets go out this weekend? Does that work for you guys? Let us know. Hope to see you again soon!
I love my house full of DRAMA queens....husband included! Congrats!
That is so funny! Trav and I are so excited for you and your little growing family! We were dying laughing about Liv's reaction but hey I am sure when she finally comes she will adore her!
Congrats! That's very exciting. Liv will turn her into a tom boy, no problem. :) By the way, how do you look so amazing pregnant? It's really not fair.
wonderful melissa! we're so happy for you guys. it will be nice to have two of the same sex together. and liv will learn to love it! :O) i should be announcing ours in about 7 days!
Oh HOORAYYYY! Congrats for you all! I'm sure Liv will change her mind when she meets her little sis! They will be the best of buds, I'm sure!!
Love that you are having a baby girl. Hopefully, she will be as fun and wonderful as little Livia has been. I'm so glad that everything is looking normal and healthy. Love, Grandma Bev
i can't wait to hear Liv complain about baby sis wearing all her favorite clothes and stealing boys!! congrats on your soon to be gorgeous little baby girl.
YAY...So fun! yes a lot lot lot of Drama, but it will be great. Sisters are SOO great! congrats!
Yay!!! I love that story about Liv. I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait to hold her and snuggle with her. I love that she is gonna be so tall to! Tall is great.
Oh BOY!! I can totally see Liv doing this..... she is such a doll. hahahhaa... maybe next baby will be a boy ;)
P.S. Check out my new blog!
theniufashion.blogspot.com
long live the chinese chart!!! congrats on the long one! I am so excited for you. Let's go celebrate!!!
Congrats on another little girl :) How fun!! Love ya
Congratulations! You never know, baby girl #2 might very well be the sword-fighting, dinosaur talking chum that she's been looking forward to all along. Sword-fighter or drama queen, we're so glad everything is looking healthy and well. That's all that matters.
THat is so funny! How exciting though. Congrats!!!
What a girl...I'm talking about Liv. Congrats on the baby girl. That is so exciting.
First of all, CONGRATS!!! Your daughter is gorgeous! She looks just like you with a little polynesian twist! I love it! I am so glad to be back in touch with you! Your photography is awesome! I am trying my hand and JUST BEGINNING to get into the creativity of photography! I love it! I am seriously going to be coming to you for advice! Last time I spoke to you, you lived in Seattle and were like career woman!!! I would love to hear about what you have been up to since then. (it looks like alot!) Anyway, I am so happy for you and you have a gorgeous little family on your hand there, melissa! Lets stay in touch better!
CONGRATULATIONS!! You guys make beautiful little girls!! Liv will love her... just give her some time. :) (too cute) We had a great time today!! lol
Two girls!!! So fun! I LOVE having two girls together! Congratulations! I'm sure Liv will change her mind..eventually ;).
Oh a little girl!! No doubt she'll have the best big sister ever...and she can still wield swords and play dinosaurs! Congratulations guys!!
Post a Comment