California

Brace yourself folks.
This is the most jam-packed 4 days of our lives. Disneyland, to Knottsberry Farm, to a beautiful wedding of Brian and Adrea, to the beach, to whatever else you can think of.

DISNEYLAND


Yep, this is me...the dork in the middle riding the motorized scooter. No I wasn't hurt, no surgeries, or out of control discomfort or overweight problems. I simply had a husband that wouldn't let me overdo myself carrying a child around. Even though I felt totally pathetic (like those Wal-Mart shoppers that probably should get their booties up and walk around the store for some excercise), I ended being the rowdiest motorized wheelchair driver in the park. I ran over only a couple of toes and got yelled at once but other than that, my experience at Disneyland was quite pleasant. :-)

And little Miss Liv was absolutely beside herself to be with some cousins and at happy land for the first time.













Kinda crowded?

KNOTTSBERRY FARM



The heck with the rides! This girl's favorite part of the park was to strip down to her Little Mermaid skivvies and take a dip in the bacteria-infested fountain.




THE WEDDING










We ended at the beach. And Liv was dying to see where Nemo hung out. Even though she was quite bothered at first by the sand in her toes, she was absolutely spell-bound.





Even though I need some serious catch-up naps, I loved every moment of this trip. I look at this family pic and can't believe we'll be spitting out another child.
Time flies. Family is precious.
I'm eating it up.

23 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Sounds like you guys had the time of your lives down here! I am so glad you got to have some serious fun at Disneyland, Knotts, and the beach and the wedding looks beautiful! Wish I could have seen you but it looks like your time was PACKED!!! You look BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL and your family is seriously the cutest ever and I LOVE THE MOTOR CART you got to ride! Don't you just LOVE concerned husbands??? Its so cute!

[Morgan] said...

i love all of the pictures. you guys are so beautiful. seriously. your belly is darling.
eat it up, eat it up girl!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Woah, you guys had some fun times!!! All the pictures are so cute. How do you get such great candid shots, and what do you do with all of them? I hope you frame lots of them 'cause they all need to be displayed! Oh, and we were so meant to be friends...I did the same thing in Disney World...rode around on a motor scooter, running people over (on accident of course), and just having a good time! We should go on a ride sometime together :)

jessica said...

The picture of Liv in her dress at the beach is absoluely darling. I Loved it. Looks like you guys had way too much fun... hurry and catch up on your naps while you can!!

Angie Judd said...

You guys are just so beautiful! I LOVE the pic of Phillip holding Liv in the crowd. Awesome shot!
So....I totally wanna see you! I'm excited you are now here. :)
Give me a call and we can figure a time. (our number is still the same: 801-374-5353) We can meet ya in the middle somewhere, or we can cook ya up some goodness here, or we can run up there and hang out...whatever is easiest for ya'll. I just totally wanna see you guys. :)

Kassie said...

How FUN!! Livs is so freakin cute. I love seeing all her expressions in your pictures. My favorite is the one on the Dumbo ride with your dad and her eyes are closed, head tilted to the sky! PRICELESS! You look so cute as always, you and Philip are just too cute

SPARKY said...

fantastic pics. i really love cali. my family has been so often, but my hubby never really has, so disneyland will be just as exciting for him as our kids :O)
the motorized chair made me laugh out loud (although i'm a bit envious. i could go for one right now to haul me up and down my stairs :O)
i'm doing well. my belly is huge as you can imagine a 5ft person with about 10inches from my pelivs to my sternum! no room and i'm feeling it! ugh. can't breath and i've got 3 months to do. say a prayer for me :O) how's packing going? we will probably be moving around july it looks like. not out of town, but just to another house. go the house on the market!
well, keep in touch. you look beautiful

theniufamily said...

Great pictures! You did a wonderful job on their wedding. We are so excited for you guys to come to Hawaii!

Melissa-Mc said...

Isn't Disneyland as a parent of young children SOOO fun! Okay, that is the best picture ever of you 3 on the beach (the last one).

Logan and Lisa said...

Oh that looks like you guys had such a good time. How fun! I love the pictures on the beach. You look so cute! Have you guys decided on a name for the little one yet?

candicetheresa said...

What precious pictures of your family with the belly of baby on the way...I can't believe you are about to have another baby, just like I can't believe we are about to too! It is a crazy thought. I feel a little panicked, but excited.

Trent puts his blanket in his mouth while he naps just like Liv!

Camille said...

You are the most beautiful pregnant girl Melissa! And your pictures are amazing! I love your style. Best to you!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

Melissa, I just looked at the wedding pics on your photo blog and can I just say that you are ULTRA talented!! Wow! I especially love the beach pics and the one of them running with the boys. I'm so happy for Brian! Can't wait to see you!! By the way, you are WAY to pretty pregnant!

The Stones said...

LOVE the 'crowded' pic! You look gorgeous... and how sweet is Philip? My hubby would have had me giving him a piggy back ride thru the park ;) email me- when you headed to Hawaii? I think we're going the 1st 2 weeks in June. Any recommendations?

The Johnson Journey said...

Once again, amazing pictures... Tell Brian and Adrea congrats, the wedding looked beautiful. I can't wait to take Cash to Disneyland and the beach... Those beach pictures are priceless. :)

Becky said...

what is there left to do in life. you have done it all now, you can rest!
beautiful memories captured by beautiful melissa!

Lance and Becky said...

Love the pictures! You guys are such a beautiful family! You look awesome Melissa...as always :) Glad you had a fun trip, looks like a blast!

Martha said...

K - you look stinkin amazing!!! I love the picture of your dad and Phillip. And when did Layne grow up???

A.Niu said...

Thats one of the things i love about the mainland is that if you want to go to another state you can just go.

Where trying to come to Disneyland sometime this year. but im not holding my breath.

Megan said...

What the worlds needs: less swine flu and more hot pregnant ladies on scooters at Disneyland.

Kim said...

Meliss... I love all of the pictures... you always do such an incredible job! It looks like you guys had a blast.... and oh my, Liv looks so grown up now! C'mon just admit it, Phillip just wanted an excuse to go to the front of the long Disneyland lines. Haha, just kidding! A scooter for a pregnant woman is much deserved and very thoughtful of your hubby to look out for you. :)

alyssa said...

Hi Melissa!
Your little family is so cute- love the pics! Congrats on a little boy on the way, they are soo much fun:) Looks like a fun trip to Disneyland- we go there a little too much but it never gets old! Too bad we couldn't see you since we were soo close! take care!

Anonymous said...

sexy little knickers she is wearing, not for long though if I got hold of her I would have those off in a heart beat I love taking a toddlers knickers off to see her little hairless pu--y

Blog Archive