Since we've circled the globe the last few weeks, we thought we'd take another pit stop. Philip has craved his roots.
He undeniably loves Hawaii.
The memories of his family and growing up barefoot and free by the ocean is no doubt still in his blood. Philip has some great stories to tell. And fortunately, we were able to take Liv to share it with us. It was absolutely fantastic.





Right when we got off the airplane, Liv stripped off her clothes and was dying to jump in. Besides the fact that it took her a long while to stop panicking and franticly crying about the crashing waves, sand in her toes, and the fact that she wanted to wear a little boys' swimsuit, she warmed up pretty quickly once she found out that this ocean might be where Nemo lived.Philip had to "re-dress" her multiple times. Skinny dipping was not an option. But of course, I couldn't help but laugh and enjoy my view.






















We were definitely there for Philip's work, but the best part about the whole trip was being able to spend time with family. My sweet sisters-in-law, Whitney and Brynn, and Philip's brother Maikeli live on Oahu. It was just what the doctor ordered for Philip....a little more piece of home.


















MAHALO NIU FAMILY!
We love love love you.







14 comments:
why is everyone going to hawaii right now, but me! so where are you off to next? you will have some great family memories, i am sure.
HOw lucky are you to have married a guy whose "roots" are in Hawaii!!! Good excuse to go visit! Next time, we are going too!
Melissa, I appreciate you so much!! What a perfect report from Hawaii and you know what I am talking about. What would I do without you in my life??
Mother
I always love seeing your pictures. You look so cute pregnant!
Love the pictures! You are one gorgeous pregnant mama! :)
Can I just say I am jealous!!! How fun for all of you. You are just travelin the world. I think you are going to end up giving birth on an airplane!! Enjoy the family time.
Awesome pics Miss. I actually had a shirt just like Liv... my parents gave it to me in '84 after their trip to Hawaii. That little girl is so me when I was that age. I should send you a picture of it.
Darling pictures! Looks like you guys had a blast! That's awesome that your hubby got to go back to "home" for a while- you are quite the global travelers! How fun.
Your pictures are truly works of art...all except for the one with the speedo pony-tail guy. I'll never be the same. Thanks, for sharing :)
Yay what a fun time! It was so great to see you guys. The pictures look amazing (as always). Love ya!
melissa-
I had no idea you had just been to Hawaii!!! I wish I would've known so I could hear more about it. These are all wonderful pics--you documented it very well.
I just love the pics of Liv and Phil in the water--such cute faces :)
Looks like you had a BLAST! I love all of Livs cute faces.. She seems like she is quite the character. :) You look darling as always.. xoxoxoxox
Hawaii looks like such a blast! You are probably the cutest pregnant mom I have ever seen! I love your dresses....I think that is an idea I should adopt-(forget trying to make pants work!)
Holy you guys had the most amazing series of trips in a row ever! Looks like you had a blast back in Phillip's roots wich just rocks. I have never been to Hawaii and I can't wait to go some day. How do you manage to get magazine like shots just goofing around on vacation??? O yeah, I forgot, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! Love all the shots and glad you had a blasty!
Post a Comment