The first 3 weeks of a child's life has its setbacks for a parent, and more for a mother; bags under the eyes, zombie-like reflexes, blurred vision, slurred speech, healing from labor, milk leakage, and total confusion as to what day it really is. But I had a moment last night. A serious, motherly, sensitive, tearful moment around 2:30am as little Charli Mae was completely and utterly wide awake staring at me with her little perfect eye balls....
I never thought I'd love my second child as much as my first, but it's obvious that it's possible. I love her loooong fingers that hold tight to my neck when I nurse. I love her fuzzy head and peach-fuzzed shoulders, her rosy pink poochy lips, and her girly delicate cry. On and on, detail after detail...smooch after smooch...





I probably should have titled this blog post "LOVE" because there are so many things that I'm totally in love with....let me spare you more sappy details and get straight to the point.
I love that Charli came 26 days early.
I love that labor went so well.
I love that I'm recovered.
I love that Liv loves her soooo much.
And because Charli came so early, I LOOOOOOOOVE that I was able to go to my little brother's wedding!!!!!
Brace yourself...







(The pic below is proof that Liv ACTUALLY wore a dress and didn't ragefully tear her hair out.)




















The party went on, and on, and on, and we didn't stop. I somehow gratefully forgot that I gave birth just days before, and was able to totally party like it was 1999. The kids had a blast amongst the unique artwork, the adults enjoyed the masterfully planned food, and I completely enjoyed the view of loved ones loving, and dancing the night away. Especially my little Liv wanting to dance with her dad over and over again.
My brother, Layne, is in love with a truly fantastic girl...and I got lucky with another truly fantastic sister-in-law. What an absolutely perfect event it was.
Needless to say, the first 3 weeks of Charli's life have not been slow. It's been a rush, and I'm trying to get a hold of myself. But just like my moment that I had in the wee hours of the morning, I'm going to enjoy every moment. They change so fast, and I find myself having a hard time wanting to miss a single beat.
Therefore, since my child is nocturnal....














25 comments:
What an amazing night and what an amazing lady you are sweet daughter!!
How did you do it...pregnant, birth, photographer, hair-dresser, mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend? You did it all and we all depend on you so. You are a blessing in my life, a very, very special gift.
Love, Mother
You are amazing!! I am glad you are all doing so well. She is beautiful. I adore her lips too! They are so full. Now get some rest. I am sure you need it.
Your new little daughter is so beautiful! You all look so happy as one sweet little family! And the pictures of Layne's wedding are fantastic! All I have heard from everyone who went is how absolutely fun and fantastic it was! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I so wish I could have been there.
She is so beautiful, and it looks like it was a beautiful day!! Fantastic.
She is stunningly beautiful!
And I think it should be a crime for you to look so great after just having a baby! You are gorgeous, girl!
Melissa she is sooooo beautiful! 26 days early! Wow! What great pictures of all of you. You look fantastic and what a beautiful little family you have! Congratulations!
Reading your post brought all the memories of a newborn rushing back. So exhasting, so worth it. And...a wedding days after? You look wonderful! I love Liv's hair and I love Charli's lips! Beautiful pictures of beautiful people.
Charli is a beautiful little girl!!! What a little sweetheart. I love the last picture of you two trying to get some "shuteye." Priceless. I'm happy to hear that Liv loves her little sis. They'll be best friends forever. I'm glad the Niu's are doing well :) We really need to meet up sometime to catch up.
she is sooooo beautiful! It is amazing just how much you can love each one! you look AMAZING! The wedding seems to have been great! Keep up the good work, don't crash!
oh Melissa I LOVE that you got to be there for the wedding...that is the sweetest little baby in the world!! Those first few weeks are tough when your doing nothing....I can't imagine how dead tired you must be with all the celebrating!! I absolutely LOVED their wedding...darling colors, amazing tux color...seriously so classy!! Oh I wish I could go back and do mine all over again, there are so many cooler things out there now!! Great pictures it looks like it was a blast! Good luck with that new little one....I have to admit you are tempting me a little! You look amazing, love the highlights and I cannot believe you just gave birth...I would have never guessed had I not known
i love it.
all of it.
and, why do you look so DAMNed good?!
didn't you just have a baby?!
great pictures. the ones with philip and the girls are my favorite.
She definitely has some very cute lips. I can't wait to see them in person. So great that you were able to attend the wedding.
Hey super mom... You are a trooper! Please tell me it's easier second time around- I feel I was down and out for a month with Jonah! I can't imagine hanging in there for a wedding/road trip days after giving birth. But you make it look easy.
I miss you Meliss. We should talk one of these days, (once you're getting more sleep and feel up for it of course) In the meantime, I LOVE seeing your precious baby girl. Is it just me, or does she look a lot like Philip? I think Liv is a mini Melissa, and maybe Charli Mae will be a girl version of her dada. Your family is just gorgeous. It made me happy to see pictures from the wedding too. I can't believe Lane is married already! He looks so happy and his bride is beautiful. Please give everyone my love!
Thinking of you-
Erin
Man Melissa you are absolutly stunning even being sleep deprived!! Charli Mae is adorable!! It was fun catching up with you-wish we could still could- I'd be a really good babysitter:)You have such a beautiful family.
She is so beautiful! And it looks like a fun wedding! You look beautiful as ever. What a perfect little family you have!
Wow what a great post! You look great and Charlie is so sweet. I can't wait to meet her.
Oh and I just realized I spelled her name with an "e" on the end. What kind of auntie am I?
That is crazy, your girls are adorable, your brothers wedding cake rocked, and you take amazing photos! Congratulations on the new baby, I've blog stalked you for awhile I laughed reading your birth story and just couldn't leave without leaving a comment.
you know what? in the last picture of you and charli sleeping, you can see how much she looks like you!! look at your cute chins and jaw line. now you have one child for each side of the fam! lucky - the moon would have to turn blue for a "marti" baby! ha!
Love the Name and the pics you have true talent and I need you to take my family pictures! Can we arrange that? I wish I could have seen you with Philip, he looked so great and was such a help to our event!
Wow Miss! You make being a new mother sure look good. You look beautiful!! Love your story of how your water broke at the fabric store. I haven't updated my blog but we had a beautiful little girl on July 3rd! She was a whole month early and decided she would come on our drive to eastern Idaho...no worries we made it to Boise to have her. Charli is absolutely beautiful. Next time you are in town Annie and I will come and visit. Sure love ya,
Kenz
P.S. I love you family pic at Lane's wedding reception!
Hey Miss- I'm here with my mom and sister Jenn and we all think that your little baby is probably the most beautiful baby girl ever! She's just precious. She looks just like you!! The wedding looked like a blast and it's crazy that "darling little Layne" is already getting married!! My mom has a wedding gift to send :)
Love ya!
I love your posts!! Wow... that's about all I can say!
Congratulations you guys! She is soooo beautiful, and Melissa, you are sooo beautiful, and don't even look like you've had a baby...mine is 6 months old, and I totally look like I've just had a baby :) I'm so happy for you guys, you have such a beautiful family. Love the pictures!
I love that blue bow! Where'd you find?
Post a Comment